Rail systems must do one thing above all: run. With modern maintenance solutions – from diagnostics to data-based action recommendations, from quick delivery of replacement parts to strategically planned modernization – we ensure the highest reliability and availability of your systems: 100% Railability. For us, good service means that we are there for our partners and customers when they need us – and even beyond. That is because we define ourselves by what we do. Every day, every hour, every minute. We help our customers move the world.
The Siemens Mobility Customer Service business seeks to hire a Service Operations Team Leader to lead all aspects of the Siemens’ onsite maintenance operation at our Boston facility. This person will be the onsite point of contact for any issues related to the ACS-64 and ALC-42 fleets.Having direct reports, you will primarily focus on:
- Leading the local Siemens’ team.
- Ensuring technical and material support to the customer.
- Providing a positive customer service experience to the customer.
- Maintaining ongoing, effective communication with all internal and external relevant parties.
The person in this position is encouraged to continually find opportunities for improvement and potential future risks and take appropriate action.Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the scheduling of Siemens Technical Support team availability.
- Responsible for hiring to fill empty positions.
- Establish a rapport with Amtrak management and maintenance facility personnel.
- Mentor the technical support team and provide on-the-job training as the need arises.
- Provides feedback to team regarding performance, quality, and efficiency issues.
- Serves as Siemens’ primary point of contact for Amtrak maintenance facility.
- Performs all functions of Technical Support Engineer as necessary.
- Support overall service contract projects, initiatives, and commitments such as material orders, technical orders, and asset management.
- Support Amtrak in the completion of Scheduled Maintenance tasks and provide technical support for Unscheduled Maintenance.
- Document incidents or issues encountered with the equipment and track issues to resolution.
- Ensure quality of work completed at the assigned facility.
- Work with the local customer to generate ideas and procedures that will make future jobs more efficient and communicate these initiatives with Siemens’ management.
- In the absence of Stores Keeper Controllers, perform Material transactions to support the fleet as needed.
- Operate and promote a safe working environment - responsible for reporting any accidents or incidents promptly.
- 5 or more years of experience working in an industrial or maintenance environment related to technical field service.
- 3 or more years of experience with direct customer service.
- 1 or more years of experience leading people.
- Must demonstrate an appreciation of mechanical and electrical engineering.
- Candidates with a background in rolling stock maintenance and commissioning or other rail-related experience will be preferred.
- Candidates should use the Microsoft Office suite application to generate reports, presentations, email communications, and work with spreadsheets.
- Candidates must be able to communicate to executives and local craft and customers effectively.
We are# 9 On Forbes Great Places to Work List
Health and Wellness: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, HSA, Commuter Benefits - starting Day 1!
Vacation: Paid Vacation, Paid Holidays, Personal / Sick Days, Maternity/Paternity Leave
Financial & Retirement: 401K match Plan, Performance Bonus for Key Roles, Merit Increases, Relocation
Professional Development: Tuition Reimbursement, Promote from Within, Mentor Program, Access to Online Courses, Lunch & Learns
Balance: Flexible Work Hours, Remote Work Opportunities, Diversity & Inclusion Program
We seek to hire top talent and provide them with opportunities to earn top dollar. We offer a phenomenal place to have a career in an innovative environment. If you're interested in becoming our Service Operations Team Lead, we'll provide you with the support and career advancement to make it happen!
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.