Siemens Smart Infrastructure – Develop what will be important tomorrow.
Siemens Smart Infrastructure are recruiting a Technical Project support Manager to help us find solutions to make the world a smarter place for tomorrow. The successful candidate will have the direct responsibility and accountability for managing the Electricity grid and large generator customer project support unit.
In this role you would be flexible remote working, with the ability to attend the Rochester site once a week.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all our applicants. See our flexibility culture here.
Future thinker? Read on
As our Technical Operations Manager, Projects Services you will be responsible for the following:
- Leadership, motivation and direction of the functional team to enable implementation of the transmission and distribution Networks and renewable energy generator customer projects portfolio.
- Provision of specialist Project engineering and Support functions including:
- Line management of a human resource pool including engineers, technicians and associated back-office personnel
- Providing leadership to the delivery team and ensure project targets are delivered and met.
- Capacity planning & management to ensure the ongoing availability and optimised utilisation of both the human resource pool and physical workshop resources
- Identify and facilitate change initiatives across the area to drive improvements.
- Work to improve productivity and individual performance within the area, supporting and sharing best practice and driving continuous improvement.
- Positive promotion of the Siemens “Zero Harm” culture and compliance with all related Health & Safety laws, policies and standards
- Adherence to all other Siemens compliance standards, e.g. business conduct, environment and security
- Effective cost control and achievement of delegated budget targets
- Continuous improvement of project support methods, processes, facilities, tools and associated skills to enhance operational performance, reduce cost and/or increase productivity & efficiency
We are looking for super minds, with the following experience:
- HNC / Degree qualification in Electrical / Electronic/Network Systems/Instrumentation Engineering.
- Experience within the power, energy or electricity utility sector
- Solid understanding of the operational & technical challenges, issues and risks associated with delivering grid metering solutions required for grid connected generators and interconnectors including Dynamic System Monitoring, Power Quality monitoring solutions
- Good technical understanding and appreciation of Code of Practice (COP) metering solution requirements
- Excellent understanding of Health & Safety best practice and associated working requirements
- Demonstrable success in effectively leading, organising, managing and developing a similar project support/delivery unit
- Track record of success in developing a collaborative working culture and delivering continuous improvement with measurable/positive results.
- Good awareness and appreciation of best practice project management methods and ability to interact effectively with client senior executives
- Operational experience including planning & scheduling with supervisory or team management.
- Experience of managing high performing teams, across business-critical projects
- Knowledge of SCADA, control and communication systems
- Solid understanding of technical requirements for grid code compliance areas such as Power quality monitoring and Dynamic System Monitoring and related operational metering requirements
- Proven ability to maximise both the availability and associated utilisation of shared resources to deliver expected project outcomes within defined budget constraints
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
Smart infrastructure enables the way we want to live - happily, comfortably, sustainably and in harmony. We do this from physical products, components, and systems to connected, cloud-based digital offerings and service. From intelligent grid control and electrification to smart storage solutions, from building automation and control systems to switches, valves, and sensors.
It’s incredibly important to us that our people enjoy working here and we take great pride in having a friendly, helpful, and engaging culture. We also appreciate that development and training is important to many and that’s why we have an encouraging environment which invests in our employee’s development, whether that’s Chartership, training or mentoring.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all backgrounds. Siemens encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are available in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexible working requirements with you. And if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made to enable you to participate in the recruitment process, please let us know via our FAQ section here: [https://new.siemens.com/uk/en/company/jobs/faq.html].
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens plc
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time