IT Infrastructure Cloud and Data Center Solution Architect
Siemens Mobility is constantly innovating its portfolio in its core areas of rolling stock, rail automation and electrification, turnkey systems, intelligent traffic systems as well as related services. With digitalization, Siemens Mobility is enabling mobility operators worldwide to make infrastructure intelligent, increase value sustainably over the entire lifecycle, enhance passenger experience and guarantee availability.
This role is part of our business unit "Intelligent Traffic Systems" (in future “Yunex Traffic”; more than 3,000 employees and 600 million Euro revenue). ITS is preparing for the step towards organizational independence, which is to be taken in the current fiscal year. This role could be based at our offices in Poole- UK, Brno/Prague- Czech Republic or Munich- Germany.
What are my responsibilities?
- You will be responsible for the architecture, design and development of innovative cloud and data center centric infrastructures
- As a mastermind, you advise our providers on the design of the global future IT cloud structure and all connected services based on your extensive experience with similar infrastructures
- You understand the business objectives and validate IT solution architecture against business, security and budgetary requirements
- You evaluate planned changes and solution options in terms of value, opportunities and risks, make technology and architecture decisions and represent these to the customer
- You keep an eye on current technology trends, you identify innovations and best practices for further assessment to further develop our architecture
What do I need to qualify for the job?
- Successfully completed university degree in computer science, economics, physics, mathematics or equivalent university degrees.
- Several years of experience in planning, testing, and installation of IT components in data center environments
- Several years of experience in continuous integration, continuous deployment and infrastructure as code
- Demonstrated experience and expert knowledge in the planning, design, implementation, troubleshooting, and provisioning of public cloud solutions, preferably with Microsoft Azure
- Project experience in multinational mid-sized companies
- Strong customer orientation and understanding of data center market trends and challenges
- Very good communication skills in English, German would be a plus
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 381,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do I need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance and pension. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time