Siemens Smart Infrastructure – Develop what will be important tomorrow.
Siemens Smart Infrastructure are recruiting an EHS Advisor to help us find solutions to make the world a smarter place for tomorrow.
Want to be at the cutting edge of EHS Risk Management within an operational technology business?
Siemens Digital Grid Software (DG SW) are looking for an experienced, dedicated, pragmatic and aspiring EHS practitioner. We are looking for someone to join an established team to help with the continued growth of an exciting business. This role is ideal for someone based in the North East, the North West or South East, which are the main hubs you will be required to travel to.
The Siemens Smart Infrastructure (DG SW) business is involved with smart and traditional metering services; networks metering and data led services for energy management and control. Our teams install, service and design metering solutions for residential, industrial and commercial customers. We have teams deployed across the United Kingdom and Ireland as well as numerous international customers. Our teams design and install metering solutions and cutting-edge metering technology both on and off shore all over the world.
We are market leaders in the management, aggregation and interpretation of energy data and are a trusted partner for a significant number of established and new energy retailers, energy generators and industrial customers.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all our applicants. See our flexibility culture here.
Future Thinker? Read on…
- Support the EHS team and Project Management in ensuring that arrangements for EHS are implemented, reviewed and improved on the operational projects, service locations and offices for the respective business units supported.
- To support and provide EHS information as part of the business unit's tendering activity.
- To develop and control the EHS communications to the project teams.
- Support the efforts needed to maintain external certifications in order to meet customer requirements and those of our internal processes.
- To assist in the development and review of EHS plans, business and project risk registers.
- Contribute to the development of the Health, Safety and Environmental Risk Management framework for the operational activities.
- Undertake accident / incident investigations ensuring underlying causes are established and lessons learnt communicated to prevent recurrence.
- Monitor trends in Near Miss reports and implement initiative to improve performance on the projects.
- Presentation of regular performance and statistical reports as necessary.
- Assist in the implementation of the corporate Siemens Zero Harm program and the DG & DS Safety Culture @ Siemens program.
- Contribute to the execution and implementation of corporate governance as required.
- To provide support in the development and maintenance of EHS documentation
We are looking for super minds, with the following experience:
- 3 years’ experience working in electrical / gas / construction / metering / service environment
- NEBOSH Certificate (or equivalent)
- IEMA Practitioner (or working towards)
- Nebosh Diploma / Working towards IOSH Grad Membership
Knowledge & Skills:
- Time management
- Project management awareness (EHS projects)
- Knowledge of the CDM Regulations
- Customer relationship management
- Stakeholder management
- Interpersonal skills
- Commercial awareness
- Negotiation skills
- Collaborative behaviours & methods
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
If you want to be challenged, taken out of your comfort zone, be well paid, invested in and be part of a fantastic high functioning EHS team then give us a try.
Smart infrastructure enables the way we want to live - happily, comfortably, sustainably and in harmony. We do this from physical products, components, and systems to connected, cloud-based digital offerings and service. From intelligent grid control and electrification to smart storage solutions, from building automation and control systems to switches, valves, and sensors.
It’s incredibly important to us that our people enjoy working here and we take great pride in having a friendly, helpful, and engaging culture. We also appreciate that development and training is important to many and that’s why we have an encouraging environment which invests in our employee’s development, whether that’s Chartership, training or mentoring.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all backgrounds. Siemens encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are available in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexible working requirements with you. And if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made to enable you to participate in the recruitment process, please let us know via our FAQ section here: [https://new.siemens.com/uk/en/company/jobs/faq.html].
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens plc
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time