Application Support Engineer Advanced
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
The Application Support Engineer Advanced will work within our Cloud Technical Support team to assist Siemens Digital Industries Software customers using our MindSphere and Cloud product solutions, including Mendix integration with MindSphere.
This role will require the successful candidate to:
- Take ownership of submitted product issues – working with active MindSphere and Cloud customers to resolve their data collection, data analytics, and application deployment/development issues.
- Investigate reported problems, replicate customer issues, and determine how to troubleshoot issues to best identify the root cause on our platform infrastructure or within our software.
- Clearly communicate software problems or enhancements to Product Management, R&D, Customer Success, or Sales and manage cross functional coordination with those teams. Advocate for quick resolution and root cause analysis to improve the customer experience.
- Proactively reach out to customers to inform them of trends and best practices to help them avoid issues that have already been resolved – primarily through documenting FAQs and related material.
- Work with minimal supervision on complex issues with ability to make independent judgment and discretion. Coordinate within a large organization, navigating product and project leads to determine how we should communicate customer issues.
- Effectively manage time and prioritize daily tasks based on issue severity and level of customer impact.
- Work with the Product teams to get enabled on new features before they are deployed to our existing customers – with a focus on how we will support that new functionality.
Skills that would enable the candidate to be successful would include:
- A customer focused professional with a passion to engage customers in solving their issues and helping them succeed within Siemens’ MindSphere and Cloud products.
- A developed approach to troubleshooting customer and technical issues – not only following pre-defined checklists but helping drive the process for technical issues never before encountered.
- Demonstrated success in creative problem solving, finding viable alternative solutions to keep the customer’s projects on track and documenting those solutions for all other customers’ benefit.
- Ability to manage and prioritize daily tasks based on business impact, maintaining focus on service level agreements and following through on escalated items with the associated Customer and Product teams.
- Demonstrated leadership with team members both inside and outside the organization to collaborate and work together to achieve team and product success.
- An inquisitive mind, willingness to learn, and ability to fail fast to keep progress moving forward. Self-directed and able to use online training and documentation to learn about existing software features and develop new guidelines for others on the team.
Required knowledge, skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in information systems, engineering, computer science, or equivalent work experience
- 5-7+ years’ experience in customer facing technical support or technical consultancy role preferred
- Relevant proficiency in cloud industry, including IoT data collection, data storage, analytics, and application development, with AWS or Azure cloud platforms preferred.
- Demonstrated experience with one or more of the following: programming languages, application development (including low code/no code), integration methodologies, communications and IT networking, relational databases, data visualization, data analytics
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills – to ensure customer issues and resolutions are understood and translated accurately and best practices are documented for our entire customer base.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.