If you really want to make a difference – make it with us
Siemens Mobility is a separately managed company of Siemens AG. As a leader in transport solutions for more than 160 years, Siemens Mobility is constantly innovating its portfolio in its core areas of rolling stock, rail automation and electrification, turnkey systems, intelligent traffic systems as well as related services. With digitalization, Siemens Mobility is enabling mobility operators worldwide to make infrastructure intelligent, increase value sustainably over the entire lifecycle, enhance passenger experience and guarantee availability. In fiscal year 2020, which ended on September 30, 2020, the former Siemens Mobility Division posted revenue of €9.1 billion and had around 38,500 employees worldwide.
Your new role – challenging and future-oriented
- Become a part of our project purchasing team now for the determination of purchasing requirements within complex customer projects.
- As a project buyer (f/m/d), you will act on your own responsibility, as part of the international project team, in project planning for the earliest possible determination of the requirements, the purchasing needs.
- You will define the procurement strategy for the respective project on your own responsibility and evaluate the opportunities and risks in procurement.
- Furthermore, you will process purchasing requirements considering specified target dates, quality requirements as well as target cost specifications and independently carry out the price and value analysis on the basis of existing total cost analyses.
- In addition, you will take on the complex strategic planning of negotiations, conduct contract negotiations through to contract conclusion and document purchasing decisions.
- You plan supplier qualifications and build a global network of preferred suppliers.
- Thanks to your regular reporting, you are always able to provide information on project-related key figures and targets.
Your qualifications – solid and appropriate
- The basis of your professional success is a degree in economics, commercial or technical studies, preferably with a focus on supply chain.
- You have many years of professional experience in purchasing or in related commercial functions, preferably in the field of plant engineering, transport systems, rail vehicles, and convince with very good knowledge of procurement planning in international projects.
- You convince with a good knowledge of contract law, are familiar with dealing with technical issues and are well versed in project management.
- Furthermore, you convince with knowledge of digital working and data management, recognize the benefits of electronic award procedures, are confident in using MS Office as well as SAP and maintain an interested approach to new IT tools.
- Communication in German and English is sound and comes easily to you.
Getting in touch with us – straightforward and direct
if you would like to find out more about Siemens before applying.
+49 (9131) 17 52430
if you wish to discuss any initial questions with our recruitment team. The contact person handling this job ad is Mrs. Julia Krzystek.
if you would like more information about jobs and careers at Siemens.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility GmbH
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time