Who designs your future? You do. Are you looking for a career where you can showcase your technical aptitude and passion for problem solving to ensure your customers can work in a comfortable, safe, and energy-efficient environment? Then look to Siemens! Our Smart Buildings help to create efficient, safe, responsive and responsible environments – and so, we are creating perfect places. We’re looking to empower people wanting to tackle the challenges facing society and who want to make real what matters most. Think this is you?
Join our team! Recognized by Fortune as World’s Most Admired Companies 2020.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
What you will do for Siemens Smart Infrastructure:
Siemens is seeking a PV Solar Commissioning Engineer/ Commissioning Technical Specialist to join the Siemens Energy Performance Services (EPS) team focused on Distributed Energy Systems (DES). The EPS/DES team’s objective is to grow Siemens’ share of the distributed energy market for mid-to-large energy consumers primarily in the manufacturing, healthcare, state and municipal, and higher education markets.
The position will provide quality assurance and commissioning oversight for DES projects installed by Siemens, focusing primarily on technologies such as solar PV, battery storage, microgrid applications, and small power generation systems. The objective of this central function position is to provide local Project Managers and Engineers with support during the design, construction, and commissioning phase of DES projects on a national basis. In addition to providing project level support, the position will develop standardized processes and procedures for DES project installation quality control. Support during the project operations phase (post construction), including ongoing quality assurance and monitoring during asset management, may also be required.
We are looking for independent and driven team players that are interested in joining a stable industry incumbent that is investing heavily into expanding its Distributed Energy offering.
This position can be located anywhere in the US, within 50 miles of a major airport.
- Maintain effective personal interactions with central team functions, field level operations resources, and 3rd party subcontractors
- Track projects as they advance from design to contract execution to commissioning to ensure that the system optimizes near-term and long-term system performance
- Primary focus will be on system design review, construction quality control, commissioning oversight and transition to Asset Management
- Work closely and collaboratively with local Project Managers to provide highly specialized support
- Development and creation of commissioning documentation such as pre-functional & functional checklists, progress reports and final reports.
- Develop and institute a standard DES QA process that aligns with the general Siemens QA process, such as developing a pre-inspection QA/QC checklist, and non-conformance reporting process for subcontractors, etc.
- Support pre-inspection, construction redlines, and project milestones
- Support the Asset Management team Analyze and document functional performance, trend logs and monitoring data to verify performance.
- Maintain Issue Log.
- Working with other members of the project team to evaluate progress and document results.
- Review functional performance tests and/or oversee process by contractors dependent on project requirements.
- Undertaking and reporting of inspections and tests and reporting performance problems to project manager and functional manager.
- Attending or leading project meetings as needed or directed.
- Managing detailed recording of meetings and distribution of meeting minutes.
- Supporting projects during client discussions of a technical nature.
- Undertaking assessments of project schedules and milestones to assure proper timing of all required pre- and post-commissioning activities.
- Managing attendance and reporting of factory tests (as required).
- Assisting with the development of management systems and processes.
- Provide routine progress reporting.
- Accountability for the quality of service and deliverables.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Bachelor's degree (Engineering, Construction Management, or relevant degree)
- Minimum of one of the following:
- 5+ years quality management experience with generation assets
- Experience with commercial or utility scale renewable or thermal generation assets
- Willingness to travel as necessary to support business needs (up to 60% travel)
- Proven ability to adapt and thrive in fast-paced, dynamic, environments
- Collaborative problem solving and working style to drive change through influence
- Able to lead progress against aggressive milestones and deliverables with a high degree of accountability and urgency
- Excellent customer service skills
- Exceptionally organized, meticulous, and detail oriented
- Strong communication skills, including clear and concise technical writing as well as technical presentation skills.
- Proficient in relevant/necessary computer software and platforms
- Maintain valid Driver’s License and must be able to travel to multiple sites throughout the country
- Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization
- NABCEP certification
- Managing commercial and or utility scale solar project installations
- Understanding of and ability to use Autodesk’s BIM360 field software tool is a plus
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive paid time off plan, holidays, and floating holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Company cell phone and laptop
- Extensive product training and professional career development
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
- Overtime, on-call pay, and company uniform and vehicle for eligible positions
This job may be based in Colorado. Siemens offers a variety of health and wellness benefits to employees. Details regarding our benefits can be found here: https://www.benefitsquickstart.com/siemens/index.html. The base salary range for this position in Colorado is $100,776 - $149,634 and the annual incentive target is 10% of base salary.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.