Who designs your future? You do.
Are you looking for a career where you can showcase your technical aptitude and passion for problem solving to ensure your customers can work in a comfortable, safe, and energy-efficient environment? Then look to Siemens! Our Smart Buildings help to create efficient, safe, responsive and responsible environments – and so, we are creating perfect places. We’re looking to empower people wanting to tackle the challenges facing society and who want to make real what matters most. Think this is you?
Join our team! Recognized by Fortune as World’s Most Admired Companies 2020.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Siemens Energy & Performance Services (EPS) is looking for an experienced building Electrical/Mechanical/General Trades Commissioning Specialist to prepare and implement project commissioning plans for existing and new buildings for construction projects across the U.S. We are looking for someone to work independently to perform on-site and off-site commissioning activities to ensure compliance with the scope of work. The Commissioning Specialist will assure equipment is installed and functioning in accordance project requirements and that the energy savings strategies associated with the work are properly implemented. The right candidate can be located anywhere in the eastern US, within 50 miles of a major airport.
- Selecting systems to be commissioned for a particular facility or customer type.
- Developing commissioning plans, schedules, reports, checklists, and test scripts.
- Monitoring and coaching installing subcontractors with installation as needed to meet performance requirements and to assure proper workmanship and installation per the manufacturer’s requirements.
- Conducting field activities as required.
- Assuring that systems and components of a building or process are installed and tested to assure the operational and performance requirements are being met.
- HVAC type systems are the typical however there will be other systems that are not (e.g., solar, irrigation, fuel oil/gas systems water treatment, compressed air, lab fume hoods, switchgear, dist. panels)
- Coordinating inspection/commissioning activities with subcontractor.
- Preparing and maintaining commissioning records of site observations, testing processes and checklists.
- Providing detailed internal budgets/quotes for commissioning activities.
- Taking an active role in the review of equipment submittals.
- Provide technical support of commissioning documentation throughout development, installation, commissioning, and startup.
- Review designs drawings, submittals, specifications, manuals and scopes of work for development of commissioning plans.
- Development and creation of commissioning documentation such as pre-functional & functional checklists including seasonal checklists, punch lists, progress reports and final reports.
- Review TAB report and provide comment.
- Analyze and document functional performance, trend logs and monitoring data to verify performance.
- Maintain Issue Log.
- Working with other members of the project team to evaluate progress and document results.
- Conduct functional performance tests and/or oversee process by contractors dependent on project requirements.
- Undertaking and reporting of inspections and tests and reporting performance problems to project manager and functional manager.
- Attending or leading project meetings as needed or directed.
- Managing detailed recording of meetings and distribution of meeting minutes.
- Supporting projects during client discussions of a technical nature.
- Undertaking assessments of project schedules and milestones to assure proper timing of all required pre- and post-commissioning activities.
- Managing attendance and reporting of factory tests (as required).
- Assisting with the development of management systems and processes.
- Provide routine progress reporting.
- Accountability for the quality of service and deliverables.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Minimum 10 years mechanical/electrical/general trades construction experience.
- Understanding of quality control and commissioning activities related to construction with experience preferred
- Exposure to facility operations and mechanical installation projects involving chiller and boiler plants, air distribution, VFDs, HVAC design/ retrofit, energy conservation, or distributed generation.
- Proven ability to manage and complete complex projects in a timely, cost-effective manner.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office applications.
- Strong communication skills, including clear and concise technical writing as well as technical presentation skills.
- Up to 50% Travel required.
- Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization.
- Understanding of and ability to use Autodesk’s BIM360 field software tool is a plus.
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive paid time off plan, holidays, and floating holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Company cell phone and laptop
- Extensive product training and professional career development
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
This job may be based in Colorado. Siemens offers a variety of health and wellness benefits to employees. Details regarding our benefits can be found here: https://www.benefitsquickstart.com/siemens/index.html. The base salary range for this position in Colorado is $82,518 - $122,604.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.