Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as a Scientist 1.
This is role is well-suited to an ambitious professional looking for the next step in your career. As a Scientist 1 you will be part of the Point of Care (POC) business unit, reporting into the Integration, Verification, Validation & Improvement of Products (IVIP) team, responsible for performing verification and validation activities for in vitro diagnostics (IVD) instruments and consumables. The team works closely with R&D, Service, Manufacturing, Marketing and Quality to ensure new product releases and design changes impacting existing commercial products are appropriately verified and validated prior to implementation.
The successful candidate will work within a team of R&D scientists and engineers focused on the continuous improvement of both current and new blood gas devices and consumables.
- Participate in product risk assessments.
- Assist in the development of validation and/or verification plans and protocols.
- Collaborate with Biostats personnel to generate statically justifiable sampling plans.
- Participate in and utilize Agile project management.
- Execute testing, obtain and analyze data, and contribute to technical reports to support product V&V activities originating from either design changes and/or launch of new products.
- Conduct routine preventative maintenance and troubleshooting of laboratory instrumentation.
- Create and/or revise process related work instructions.
- Must adhere to GLP and GDP.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience:
- BS in Medical Laboratory Science or Biology with a minimum of 2 years of suitable and proven experience or M.S. in related field with minimum of 1 year applicable industry experience in the medical diagnostics field.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to converse with internal customers to effectively resolve inquiries and concerns
- Strong scientific background in related field
- Proven track record in solving semi-complex technical issues
- Excellent quantitative skills and working knowledge of mid-level statistics
- Experience with a statistical software package such as Minitab or Analyse-it is a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, particularly Excel and Word
- Knowledge of GLP and GDP
- tasks. Due to the cross functional nature of this position, the candidate must be able to forge strong working relations with a wide range of functions and technical disciplines.
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.