Who crafts your future? You do. We offer a career where you can showcase your technical aptitude and passion for problem solving to ensure your customers can work in a comfortable, safe, and energy-efficient environment. Then look to Siemens! Our Culture: At Siemens, we live and foster ownership in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, advise their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities. What you will do for Siemens Smart Infrastructure: This position performs commissioning on fire safety systems including loading software programs and implementing modifications as vital. Systems include fire safety and mass notification systems, detectors and field peripherals. You will communicate design details to customers, installation and service teams and subcontractors. You will interface with other trades to optimally complete projects while exceeding customer's expectations. This role acts as a mentor and provides on the job training to less experienced technicians.
- Operational Testing, Verification and Acceptance: Run routine reports to review system operation.
- Technical issues will be reviewed with manager and customer to decide the best course of action. Participate in final inspection and testing.
- Supports the assurance of customer acceptance and the Authority Having Jurisdiction (AHJ). Assists with training of customers on system operations.
- Completes and submits daily routine written reports; provides plans and Fire Safety System Documents to engineering for as-built drawings. Identify code and non-conformance issues and make recommendations for system installation. Project Site Communication and Coordination: May support others with the scheduling of trade contractors to coordinate startup services. Enforce to local, corporate and OSHA safety policies and procedures.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience
- High school diploma or state-recognized GED required. Completion of AAS degree in electronics or related field preferred.
- 5 years of proven experience in the installation and maintenance of fire safety products.
- Ability to read and understand design and construction documents.
- Ability to work in a variety of circumstances including climbing ladders, scaffolds, and high-lift equipment; working in ducts, crawl spaces, roofs, basements, above ceilings, and in outside/inside/heat/cold/day/night conditions.
- Must be able to differentiate types/colors of wire.
- Must be able to use hand-tools, laptop, email, smartphone, and tablet.
- Must be able to carry and move equipment and tools weighing up to 75 pounds unassisted.
- Ability to work in a team environment providing dedicated support to our customers.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel & Outlook).
- Must acquire NICET Fire Alarm Certification level 3 within 12 months.
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Qualified applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States.
- Individual must possess a valid driver's license in good standing. Benefits: Restricted
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Health, Dental and Vision plans with options from which to choose
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive paid time off plan, holidays and floating holidays
- Company cell phone and laptop
- Extensive product training and professional career development
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
Overtime, on-call pay, company uniform and vehicle, for eligible positions Join our team! Recognized by Fortune as World’s Most Admired Companies 2020 Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, domestic partner status, disability, weight, height or AIDS/HIV status, protected veteran or military status, other categories protected by federal, state, or local law, and regardless of whether the qualified applicants are individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.