Change the future with us.
We are looking for dedicated and talented people who tackle ever-changing challenges, customer needs, and questions from colleagues with clever concepts and creativity. We embrace change and work with curious minds re-inventing the future of work. Join us and let us focus together on what’s truly important: making lives better with new ideas and the latest technology around the world.
Job Title: EHS in Projects
Dept/Business Unit: LDA
The EHS responsible will be based in Guadalajara attending EHS topics of a work area of our business unit.
The EHS person will also be responsible for ensuring EHS compliance in Field Services, from the planning, execution and completion stage, with activities to be supervised in Mexico, Central America and the Caribbean.
Availability to travel when required to audit or supervise activities.
The EHS responsible supports the business throughout the proyects life cycle to assure compliance with applicable internal and external EHS-related rules & regulations to prevent EHS-related hazards and risks. This includes supporting the PM or Site Manager in planning, implementing, monitoring and reporting and continuous improvement. The EHS responsable establishes the risk assessment, and the EHS plan, manages its implementation and has the authority and responsibility to intervene/escalate in case of non-conformance.
- Identifies EHS-related statutory requirements, rules & regulations and EHS aspects.
- Performs risk assessments and defines mitigation measures.
- Provides input for tender/bid phase with regard to costs (EHS budget) and EHS risks.
- Develops emergency management concept.
- Develops EHS plan.
- Provides EHS-related requirements to the project procurement manager which are to be considered in the contractor selection.
- Supports to ensure that required EHS-related permits, authorizations, certificates are available and authorities have been notified as necessary.
- Implements a training concept that fulfills all EHS-related training requirements.
- Ensures that requirements of the EHS plan are known by all relevant stakeholders.
- Reviews safe work method statements/risk assessments of contractors.
- Liaises in alignment with PM with customer/contractor EHS representatives in regard to project execution and onsite EHS issues.
Monitoring and Reporting:
- Conducts regular site inspections to identify risks, and defines corrective measures.
- Provides regular EHS reports to ensure full operational transparency.
- Ensures all incidents are investigated and recorded and appropriate measures are defined, implemented and monitored.
- Analyzes statistics including near misses to identify trends and implements countermeasures.
- Promotes the sharing of best practices and documents lessons learned.
- Updates and amends EHS plan if necessary.
- Evaluates contractors in terms of their EHS performance and provides feedback
Essential Job Functions (necessary to perform job):
- General computer proficiency, including proficiency with Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Proficiency using the Internet and other resources to gather research and diligence materials
- Responsiveness to support requests from origination and risk professionals
- Ability to communicate well both verbally and in written form both internally and externally
Qualifications (include education):
- Electrical safety knowledge
- Solid analytical, writing, interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to interact well with others in a team environment
- Ability to operate in a time pressured environment while maintaining a positive focus
- High degree of willingness to learn, flexibility, energy, and initiative
- Willingness to travel when travel restrictions allow
- How to apply?
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability as we will use this data to review your suitability for the role.
Organization: Portfolio Companies
Company: Siemens Servicios S.A. de C.V.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time