Change the future with us.
Our Sales and Business Development experts are the eyes and ears of our customers. They do not wait; they take the initiative. They transform “That sounds interesting!” into actual contracts, paving the way for new avenues of business. Join our team and we will give you the latest knowledge and independence for autonomous action and decision-making, helping you become a trusted partner in customer relationships.
Explore our Digital World
Do you want to create technologies that transform the everyday for billions of people? Our digital careers offer the opportunity to shape the next era of growth and innovation, challenging ourselves to build a better future. By creating ground breaking technologies that transform our world, we need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow‘s reality. Picture yourself in the Digital World of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
- Freedom and a healthy work- life balance– Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting and digital workspaces.
- Solve the world’s most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
- Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Profit sharing available.
- Rewarding vacation entitlement with the opportunity to buy and sell your vacation depending on your lifestyle.
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
- Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
- Employee perks and discounts.
- Diversity and inclusivity focused.
Siemens is proud to be an eight-time award winner of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers 2018 and Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2019.
What is this opportunity?
Siemens Smart Infrastructure is currently searching for an experienced Business Development professional to lead business development and sales activities for the Canadian Digital Enterprise business of Smart Infrastructure. As an IoT Business Development Manager at Siemens, you will ensure a healthy sales pipeline, build relationships, negotiate contracts, and bring the account across the finish line in the zone. If you are in search of high-growth tech exposure and would enjoy working as the face of a brand through establishing and developing partner relations — this role is for you!
Location: This position may be located anywhere within Canada near a major airport!
What will you do?
- Execute the business’ go-to-market strategy.
- Collaborate with Siemens branch account executives on identifying and targeting customers that can best benefit from our cloud-based offerings such as Enlighted and Comfy, including workplace safety, employee experience, space utilization and many others.
- Work closely with the customer and support team members to align offerings, further develop use cases, and negotiate revenue generating contracts with the goal of establishing Siemens as a trusted partner in innovation.
- Develop a healthy sales pipeline by identifying, filtering, negotiating, and launching new relationships in the target geography and vertical markets.
- Provide accurate and current view of account penetration, sales performance and customer satisfaction including health of the funnel/pipeline.
- Identify, reach, and engage key decision makers and influencers in your territory through existing relationships, networking, personal connections, client references, and industry events.
- Educate on and promote the IoT solutions and services within the commercial construction market that includes, Architects, Engineers, General Contractors, Developers, Property Managers and Building Owners.
- Support local sales management with strategic planning and forecasting.
- Leverage internal organization vertical market expertise and help local sales create, present and deliver use cases for customers in your territory.
- Research, develop and maintain competitive information resources.
- Keep abreast of and disseminate new product and industry knowledge to internal team members.
- Display a strong team-player attitude by collaborating effectively with a matrix-structured, internal network of stakeholders.
What will you need to succeed?
- A minimum of 5 years of proven experience in selling complex products and services (ideally SaaS, enterprise software, real estate technology or building controls technology), understanding the needs and language of the customer.
- Bilingual English / French communication skills is an advantage to cover the Quebec Market.
- You have high level customer relationships with senior executives and technical buyers at Fortune 500 companies including a diverse ecosystem of key partners such as IT and Line-of-Business executives. You have a defined track record of establishing successful partnerships in innovation.
- Successful track record achieving or exceeding annual quota SaaS and/or enterprise software solutions attainment and subscription metrics.
- You can develop and critically analyze a sales pipeline, forecast, and report on relevant metrics using Salesforce and related tools.
- You are a strong team player and collaborator, with robust interpersonal skills that consistently foster positive working relationships within the sales team and beyond.
- Bachelor's degree or higher preferred.
- Willingness and flexibility to travel up to 40% of the time, domestically as required.
We share our ideas and champion the people behind them.
For over 110 years, Siemens Canada has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality and reliability. Active across Canada, the company focuses on intelligent infrastructure for buildings and distributed energy systems and on automation and digitalization in the process and manufacturing industries. Siemens brings together the digital and physical worlds to benefit customers and society. Through Mobility, a leading supplier of intelligent mobility solutions for rail and road transport, Siemens is helping to shape Canada’s passenger rail services. Via its majority stake in the publicly listed company Siemens Healthineers, Siemens is also a leading supplier of medical technology and digital health services. In addition, Siemens holds a minority stake in Siemens Energy, a global leader in the transmission and generation of electrical power.
Making a difference together we raised $757,000 towards charitable contributions, support over 23 non-profit organizations and planted 1,100 trees in our local communities. Siemens Canada has 2,500 employees from coast-to-coast and 24 office and production facilities across Canada. Join our team of approximately 293,000 talented professionals in more than 190 countries/regions and help us tackle the most exciting challenges to build a successful future together. So, what are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
To learn more about Siemens Canada, visit our website at www.siemens.ca
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Canada Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.