At Siemens, we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Design, develop, modify, and implement software programming for products (both internal and external) with focus on surpassing customer expectations, on achieving high quality and on-time delivery. Responsible for ensuring the overall functional quality of the released product on all required platforms and mechanism. Ability to understand complex products, solutions, and problems. Creates, documents, and executes software designs which may involve significant re-architecture of important systems, defining and coordinating implementation of wide-reaching impacts. Acts as Technical lead of projects that span multiple areas of a product. Broad and direct consulting with customers in regard to future upgrades and products. Sets the technical direction for one area of a product. Promotes innovation through the ability to introduce new technology/knowledge into multiple areas of a product and to our people. Able to solve the most complex of technical problems. Technical Lead in guiding junior engineers. Works without supervision on the most complex projects with complete latitude for independent judgment and technical expertise. Advanced knowledge of the field. Assist with less experienced peers.
The Siemens PLM Innovation and Research team is looking for a passionate Cloud Operations & Security Architect to support the next generation of PLM software products running in the cloud. You will be part of a strong team in a fast-paced, start-up like environment where agile development is embraced, and innovation is encouraged. At Siemens, everyone can positively impact millions of customers and you will be called on to identify and realize these opportunities. Siemens is a high growth organization working on many products and software changing the world. Be part of this fantastic new opportunity and inspiring culture of relentless innovation towards Ingenuity for Life.
As an Operations & Security Architect you will be responsible for designing and delivering cloud operations and security solutions for cloud infrastructure based on DevOps best practices, cloud security standards, governance and control practices. You will conduct technical research when necessary to contribute to setting cloud operational and security direction and strategy. Assists others on their own team, or other teams where applicable, on operations and cloud security projects or security-relevant tasks on technical projects. You will take ownership of conceptualizing, developing, standardizing, and driving the adoption of various cloud-based application and data management patterns across the various product and application delivery teams. In this context, you would have to be prepared to take on various roles - hands on, as well as supervisory.
Operations Job tasks include:
- Establish and document conceptual, logical, and physical architecture designs for cloud services and service components to enable optimized solutions that are highly available, highly scalable, and cost effective
- Oversee cloud infrastructure design and develop detailed architecture models for integration, preproduction, and production environments
- Evaluate, prototype, and select infrastructure solutions adhering to architecture standards for availability, reliability, scalability, recoverability, manageability, etc
- Review service performance and recommend strategies to achieve higher performance and availability
- Perform technical infrastructure and operations architecture planning activities
- Drive the designs and the building of automation tools for infrastructure provisioning Optimize CI/CD tools and processes to improve build and deployment of applications and services deployed into the system infrastructure
- Develop, collect and analyze Operations metrics to identify continual improvement opportunities
- Assess emerging cloud technologies, stay abreast of industry trends, and give advice on investments prices versus performance by proactively researching new and/or updated technologies as they become available
- Optimize cost of cloud solutions by identifying waste and automating cloud cost management
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with key vendor partners to keep on track for core technologies
- Develops and maintains strong relationships with business domain leadership to keep track of changing business needs and priorities
- Information security leader for security and compliance related to industry standards for SOC2, ISO 27001, and GDPR.
- Information security leader responsible for external/internal assessments, questionnaires, audits, penetration testing, threat management, etc.
- Security and data privacy architect responsible for application, system and infrastructure reviews
- Drive, in collaboration with the Product Management team, inclusion of compliance to applicable cybersecurity regulations into product/feature security objectives
- Provide technical knowledge to software architects in transforming the cybersecurity standards into specific product and design requirements
- Track cybersecurity technologies and its applicability to product portfolio
- Conduct activities of Data Classification while addressing Confidentiality, Integrity & Availability security controls
- Review, approve, track and design security solutions within records and evidence
- Work with development and QA teams to ensure security aspects of the product are adequately tested
- Create process documents for operations, maintenance and integrating output from these tools into daily security operations.
- Design and implement changes to existing security tools, applications and processes based on changes in scope or needs.
- Perform analysis of current security setup and policies, and provide recommendations
- Design cloud infrastructure to protect PII data
- Drives security control review meetings to ensure all controls are being followed and improved when needed
- Monitor intrusion detection and ensure prevention strategies are documented and followed
- Apply proper security controls (e.g. access restrictions, encryption, logging & monitoring, etc.) to protect sensitive information hosted in our cloud environments
- Perform reviews and monitor all environment access to protect customer data
- Conducts security assessments, security authorizations, and evaluations of applications and systems processing sensitive; and assesses technology to ensure that security vulnerabilities are identified and remediated
- Develops and maintains IT security documentation, including system security plan, risk assessment, contingency plan, incident response plan, IT security policies and procedures, etc.
- Review and approve cloud roles and authorizations to maintain least privilege access
- Manage and participate in operational coverage amongst operation team members
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- BS/MS Computer Science; MIS or related field.
- 3+ years of experience as Cloud Security Engineer performing security analysis and setup following the recommended best practices
- Strong understanding of architecture, product design and infrastructure and their relation to security requirements
- Strong communication skills to work with leadership, commercial teams and customers
- Highly organized and detail-oriented, with excellent, demonstrated process management skills; project and goal oriented
- Personable, approachable, and readily accepting of change; able to work cohesively with a variety of talented individuals within the organization
- This position will involve access to infrastructure stacks and hosting microservices used by US government agencies
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Hand-on experience with AWS security best practices and AWS services
- AWS Certified Security Specialty
- AWS Certified Advanced Networking Specialty
- Cybersecurity professional certification or designation
- Experience in security fundamentals
- Practice and certification for SOC2, ISO27001, and FedRAMP
- Possess an automate everything mindset, from Continuous Architecture based design to team collaboration
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.