- Static analysis reporting
- Develop baseline and ongoing reports from static analysis tools for use in reporting to Siemens management. These tools are run on our C++ and Java code bases. A key aspect of this work is the assessment of the quality of the static analysis process and identifying high-priority fixes for the code being analyzed. This responsibility will require strong C++ and/or Java competency.
- Build an interface to import static analysis output into our defect management system so that issues can be systematically addressed by the responsible development team.
- Open Source Vulnerability reporting
- Design and implementation of automated reporting out of an existing enterprise system that provides information on vulnerabilities reported in 3rd party components used in our products. This reporting will also include automated import of this information into our defect management system.
- Use of dynamic analysis testing tools for penetration testing of web-based and cloud-based applications
- Evaluate available penetration testing tools as directed by senior members of the team. Run penetration tests, develop extensions to the tools, and identify and report defects in existing applications.
- Technical content delivery
- Use an internal content management system to provide documentation of work on the above projects as well as collaborating with senior engineers to improve existing documentation where required.
- Completion of sophomore year undergraduate Computer Science / Computer Engineering / Mathematics or other Engineering programs.
- Strong competency in C/C++ and Java, including the ability to both, develop new code and read existing code
- Skills with Python or other scripting environments to build interfaces between internal systems
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to work in both a team environment and independently
- Confidence in decisions and ability to advocate those decisions to senior engineers
- Insatiable intellectual curiosity
- 8 months, part-time engagement August-May, with the possibility of extension of employment through the summer semester.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Student (Not Yet Graduated)
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.