Siemens Mobility (SMO) is the world’s leading provider of mobility solutions that enable the efficient, safe, and environmentally friendly transport of people and goods - and help improve the quality of everyday life for millions of people on all continents.
Motivated by innovation, we develop intelligent solutions for the growing digitalization of the transport sector. Our range of offerings includes rail vehicles, rail automation, road traffic management systems, rail electrification and services.
Today, we are recruiting for a Quality Manager in Projects position to Join our Management Team in Cairo.
The mission of the Quality Manager in Projects (QMiP) is to act as an expert and support the Project Manager as a partner by planning, supervising, ensuring, and reporting of appropriate activities with regards to failure prevention and effective implementation (pro-active and re-active). The Position Holder acts as a catalyst for continuous improvement in all PM@ Siemens project phases, being the authority to intervene at any stage in the Project, in case of non-conformance in delivery and project results or any results jeopardizing, i.e., indication of incorrect situations and escalation as and when required. The Quality Manager in Projects acts as a member of the core project team and reports the quality status to the Project Manager. In functional matters, to maintain independence, also reports to his or her Quality Management line superior.
Your Role – International, Challenging and Future-Oriented!
The scope of the job incorporates all project-related activities to meet the targeted results about Quality with consideration of requirements of overall strategy, basic processes and their interfaces, tool application, compliance issues but also in consideration to contractual requirements, customer expectations and market statutory, regulatory and state of the art requirements.
- Quality Management System: define and implement a QM system for project-specific application in accordance with the QM system applied by the relevant BU; support project management in planning and securing milestone results; cooperate with QM of the project-related Business Unit and other functions e.g., environmental protection, health, and safety at work. Ensure the quality of purchased parts with a focus on prevention, assurance of series quality and organization of crisis management in the event of quality problems with purchased parts, performance of supplier (third-party) audits, taking into consideration the relevant aspects relating to quality and EHS, follow-up of corrective action from supplier audits and control of improvement activities
- Quality planning: Establish and monitor quality plan e.g., acc. ISO 10005 / 10006, define quality targets based on project critical factors and define methods/tools based on HQ standards. All applications of methods/ tools should be clearly defined with reference to standard processes of related business and their interfaces of HQ to required on-site proceedings. Progress and results should be verifiable based on project factors, quality related KPIs or key figures i.e. provided by the line management, defined target values or characteristics as per project target agreement (PM agreement) to be achieved.
- Quality reporting: Report quality status, quality incidents and root-cause-analysis to Project Management (PM), BU and/or regional QM and other defined parties, jointly with the PM team, based on determined KPIs, key figures and specified characteristics. Communicate quality targets to all people affected or involved. Escalate project-endangering situations as set forth in the mission of the function and if relevant, to the head of the project-related BU.
- Customer integration: Ensure adherence to processes to a) analyze and monitor fulfillment of contractual and committed requirements, management of professional feedback to and from the customer, manage complaints.
- Quality in processes and projects: Ensure execution of quality plan and quality gate process through active involvement in readiness checks and participation in quality gate meetings. Reject releases e.g., at quality gates in case of non-conformity and ensure the initiation and closure of corrective actions. Report and escalate as set forth in the mission of the function.
- Continuous improvement: Supports the planning, initiation and coordination of continuous improvement actions for all phases of the project. Ensure good practice sharing and feedback of experience e.g., through continuous improvement workshops (esp. lessons learned) and project assessments.
- Quality-based supplier management: Plan and ensure the required quality level of the project-specific supply chain (internal & external) with the focus on specifications and interface definitions. This includes the support of the SQM in the application of supplier-related procedures, such as selection, qualification, development, integration, supervision, and auditing.
- Qualification on quality: Identify qualification requirements and initiate training for project employees with regards to knowledge of quality methods to be applied, process awareness and expert knowledge.
- Audits and assessments: Plan and conduct project audits, assessments, reviews and participate in status meetings.
- Ensure implementation of (improvement) measures.
- Planning and preparation of quality management reports in line with EN 50129 as groundwork for the Safety Case
Your Role – International, Challenging and Future-Oriented!
- Engineering degree or equivalent qualification from reputable University or college
- 5-8 years’ work experience in project environment ideally in Transportation or Mobility
- Several years' experience in other areas of responsibility of project execution
- Experience in projects/ processes with quality issues of foreign countries and companies
- Solid track record in Quality Management
- Proven track record in Project Management
- Customer orientation, team player mind set driven by quality
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Egypt LLC
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time