About Siemens Digital Industries Software
Siemens Digital Industries Software is driving transformation to enable a digital enterprise where engineering, manufacturing and electronics design meet tomorrow. Our solutions help companies of all sizes create and leverage digital twins that provide organizations with new insights, opportunities and levels of automation to drive innovation.
Mendix is a Siemens business, we are on a mission to enable anyone in any organization – from the marketing coordinator to the software developer to the CEO – to create things that are transformational for their company. We are fundamentally reinventing the way applications are created and we’re reinventing the future of software development. Sounds ambitious, right? We agree.
Not to brag, but nearly 4,000 organizations worldwide, including KLM, Medtronic, Merck, and Philips, rely on Mendix to build web and mobile applications. Thousands of our customers use our platform to delight their clients and empower their employees. It’s no surprise that we’re a recognized Leader by Gartner and Forrester in a red-hot market expected to exceed $21 billion by 2022. Ok, maybe we did want to brag a little. But we’re proud of what we’ve accomplished…and…we’re humble enough to admit that we need you to make us even more effective.
You’ll help our customers drive digital innovation by:
- Being part of our APAC Expert Services team responsible for Customer Success and will work closely with our architects, R&D teams and product managers.
- Leading our customers in the design and configuration of the Mendix low-code platform in a cloud or on-premises environment of their choice.
- Being able to assess, discuss and consult customers on the business purpose, cost implications, performance requirements, scalability considerations and continuous delivery implications of different cloud or hybrid cloud options.
- Understand and advise customers on the security and compliance measures necessary to deliver an efficient, secure and cost-effective cloud platform.
- Assisting our customers in the selection of containerization platforms and CI/CD automation tooling, while also supporting them in the actual hands-on implementations of such solutions.
- Playing the crucial role of customer advocate with a variety of internal and external stakeholders such as Cloud architects, DevOps team members, Solution Architects and CIOs.
- Conducting research into new technologies in the Cloud space that may benefit Mendix in the fast-evolving areas of cloud, CI/CD, DevOps and deployment automation.
- Building reference architectures and other reusable content that can be shared with our partner eco-system and development community.
- Getting trained up in the Mendix App Platform and coached in our state-of-the-art Mendix Cloud architecture and its deployment and integration possibilities.
- Work for our (international) customers in APAC zone such as ANZ, South Korea, Japan, India and other ASEAN Countries.
You’re the innovator we need if you have:
- A self-starting and professional mentality that loves to engage with customers to create business value and drive innovation in their organization.
- Passion for cloud technology and the evolution to more standardized and automated delivery streets using scripted CI/CD solutions. Experience with e.g. Python, Groovy & YAML is preferred.
- Mendix Expert Level Certified with at least 5 years of Mendix Project experience is a must
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Experience with architecting, building and operating highly automated and containerized Cloud infrastructure is a must. Designing, deploying and maintaining Kubernetes and Docker-based architectures on public (e.g. AWS/Azure) and private clouds knows no secrets for you.
- Development and implementation experience with commonly used CI/CD tooling (such as GIT/SVN, Gitlab CI, Jenkins, Azure DevOps) is a must.
- Experience with deployment and maintenance of common cloud components such as virtual machines, object storage and database services on hyperscalers is a must.
- Experience with Linux & Windows virtual machines, S3, Azure Blob Storage, Azure SQL Database and AWS Aurora is preferred.
- Experience with TCP/IP networking configuration in public clouds (VPC/VNet configuration, routing and firewalling) is a must.
- Relevant higher education in computer science or proven experience level
- Proven work experience in enterprise environments, consulting on detailed technical level and advising senior architects or senior management level.
- Certification in Azure, AWS or GCP is preferred.
What you’ll experience at Mendix:
- We consider our people as people – not as “assets”
- We’re focused on results – not on “boxes” and “rules”
- We’re all unique and we want you to be yourself
- We celebrate success as a team
- We enjoy drinking some beers together and other team activities
- We care about personal and professional development
- A journey of a lifetime on our way to the top
Our Guiding Principles
While we live on different continents, speak different languages, and work on different things, we are bound by our “MendixBlue” guiding principles. Being “MendixBlue” means that you live the culture, and you consistently improve it as we grow. It’s kind of a big deal.
We put the customer first. Without our customers, we have no business. So, if you act in the best interest of our customers, always…you belong here.
We think big. We work to have a meaningful, lasting impact on the world. So, if you aim high and think long term…you belong here.
We innovate. We want to be what happens next. So, if you ask “what if?” and work to find a way or make one…you belong here.
We nurture talent. We look, not just at the sum of what an individual has done, but at the potential of who they can be. So, if you’re up for learning from your failures…you belong here.
We hear every voice. Inflated egos don’t last here, humility does. So, if you share credit and ensure that the best ideas win – regardless of who they come from…you belong here.
We own it. If something needs doing, we do it. So, if you focus on the outcome, and take initiative to get it done…you belong here.
We have fun. We use laughter as a common language. We can ask for help and we’re happy to give it. So, if you find joy and purpose in what you do…you belong here.
Make your career at Mendix.
There are precious few jobs that let you create the future. But you’ll find one at Mendix. We are at a pivotal time in our company’s existence: where rapid growth meets stable funding. This is the time for industrious people to raise their hands to solve the next generation of problems. Mendix is a place where ambitious people can thrive; where you can identify an issue, propose a solution, and build the structure to make it happen.
Important to know: Mendix is a Siemens business, which means we’re backed by the resources and stability of one of the world’s largest and most forward-looking enterprises. Think: job security.
Since our company was founded in 2005, our aim has been to create a great work environment for people at all stages in their careers. That’s why we are so pleased and honored that we were rated a top Cloud Computing Company to work for in 2019, based on feedback from our employees on Glassdoor. With offices in the Netherlands, the UK, Germany, and the US, (and more coming), we provide an international playground to truly impact the world through low-code.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Pte Ltd
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time