Shape the future of a growing businesswith Our Team in Siemens Pakistan ...
We are a collection of innovative minds building the future, one day at a time. Together, we create technologies that take society further. We’re looking for people with skills and vision to build a better tomorrow.
Today, we are recruiting for Sr Automation Engineer – Control and Protection Systems to Join Our Team in Karachi and help us re-imagine the world by finding solutions and making the world a smarter place for tomorrow.
Your Role – Challenging and Future-Oriented!
- Responsible for the completion of Testing activities of Protection Relays and BCUs as identified under specifications and rules of utilities/NTDC/WAPDA/KE in Pakistan.
- To prepare and collect commissioning documentation to be incorporated into final project folders such as drawing mark-ups and test data / documentation.
- Responsible for the production Relay Setting calculations.
- To produce Relay List (Selection of protection relays/BCU) and Signal List as per specifications.
- Responsible for the production relay configurations files and associated documentation.
- To take the role of Lead Protection Engineer on designated projects, coordinating and managing commissioning activities, whilst acting as a focal point for the customer.
- To report progress and/or problems to the Site Manager or Project Manager / Engineer responsible for project delivery.
- To complete testing and final commissioning on a wide range of plant and equipment at various voltage levels including fault investigation, diagnostic activities, and rectification of faults within their competence in accordance with client’s specification & documentation.
- Ensures quality and consistency by carrying out functional testing during the Factory Acceptance Testing (FAT) phase with the client.
- Provide technical support and direction, within their competence, to Siemens Project Team members, including the application of technical standards.
- To liaise and work with Design Engineers to resolve design related queries
- Be flexible to travel across the Pakistan when required with fair and reasonable notice.
- To Attend internal and external design reviews for technical input.
- Ensure that personally held test equipment is maintained in good working order and within calibration and to issue for re-calibration within appropriate time scales.
- Maintain a safety & zero lost hours culture for all related site activities through good housekeeping, adhering to site safety rules, wearing correct PPE, proactively identifying safety and environmental improvements, offering solutions to issues and corrections to hazards (if appropriate) and applying company specific safety rules.
- Assist & support the Field team – technical queries, quality plans, project commissioning programs & EHS (Environmental Health & Safety) objectives
- Design knowledge of production of protection and control schematics from 132kV up to 500kV.
- Assists in mentoring new members of the automation/engineering department.
- Attends Technical meetings with the client as and when required.
Your Qualifications and Skills – Digital and Solid!
- Degree in Electrical Engineering from reputable University or college
- Previous Experience in Protection Systems (>10 years).
- Deep knowledge in protection devices from SIEMENS (SIPROTEC) and ideally other vendors
- Knowledge within different protection philosophies and protection test equipment like OMICRON
- Knowledge of design software like Autocad and ELCAD.
- Proficiency in commissioning software like Siemens DIGSI and other brands.
- Very good understanding of Energy business and the way it operates and very good communications skills in English.
What else do you need to know?
As a world leader in developing and producing the most advanced engineering technologies, we improve lives and further human achievements worldwide, while also protecting the climate - all thanks to our employees. Working with us, you have the foundation to develop personally and professionally. We give you the chance to do something significant, that benefits society and human progress. We give you the chance to create a difference.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application.
Please note: Only complete applications can be considered in the selection process.
Organization: Siemens Energy
Company: Siemens Pakistan Engineering Co. Ltd.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time