Looking for challenging role? If you really want to make a difference - make it with us
Siemens Energy is focused on helping customers navigate the world’s most pressing energy problems.
As a world leader in developing and producing the most advanced engineering technologies, we improve lives and further human achievements worldwide, while also protecting the climate - all thanks to our employees.
With us, you can do something significant that benefits society and human progress
Your new role – challenging and future-oriented
Responsible management of Siemens Energy’s Control and Digitalization BU in India region.
In this role you will have the overall P&L responsibility for SE SV CD’s business in the region, focusing on order entry, revenue, profit and free cash flow by defining and executing a service growth strategy in sales and operations for both the classic controls business, as well as the newer market of digitalization for all SE division (generation, transmission and industrial applications (incl. oil and gas)) space. You will report to head of Service and Digital BU in India. You’ll drive the business in alignment with CD Regional organization and SE India’s Service and Digital BU. You will also represent all SE digitalization efforts in the SLI DIGI board.
· Lead the Service Controls & Digitalization business within the Region India, and provide guidance to Sales, Project Management, and Engineering teams. Total Headcount as of date is 66.
· Responsible for the P&L of the Service Controls & Digitalization business unit on the basis of the business target agreement (BTA)
· Develops strategies that clearly support the Organization's vision. Monitors progress on action plans. Develops contingency plans to avert potential problems
· Lead and represent the business unit to achieve best results in EVA, profit, growth and innovation by effective performance of financial and technical resources, market penetration and excellent leadership and people development
· Represent all SE digitalization efforts in the SLI DIGI board.
· Responsible for adherence to all internal, external and corporate policies, procedures and quality standards.
· Customer Relationship Management support as per organizational requirements.
· Represent Indian Customer and Market Requirements in global product development councils to creates high business impact through trend-setting innovations
· Position the business unit as a strategic partner with major customers developing customer loyalty and satisfaction, thus Increasing customer satisfaction and intimacy
· Instigate and manage business development activities, fully understanding competitor positions and strategy to develop and maintain market share
· Offer accurate product information to the customers and consumers, increases awareness of product range and encourages purchase of product
· Develop and demonstrate an understanding of how to prepare a budget, monitor and control expenditure to achieve goals linked to team outputs; identify issues impacting revenue and return on investment
· Lead, direct and develop direct and dotted line reports (together with direct managers) based on Siemens Management Tools
· Manage and support already established Global Center of Competence (Engineering) with 30+ employees
· Work collaboratively with other Business Units, Ensure information flows where needed and presents information in an accomplished manner
· Have a clear understanding of the business financials in the context of the market opportunities
· Demonstrate the value and potential impact of the product/ service to the client’s business
· Implement and maintain strategic plans for the business, identifying business needs, market potential and innovative strategies for long-term success
· Innovate with business models to enable additional growth and penetration of customers
· Facilitate joint service offerings (mechanical, controls, digitalization) in the assigned utility and industrial customer market
People and Culture
· Lead and develop the workforce ensuring a high-performance culture of business excellence and continuous improvement, with motivated employees and retention
· Demonstrate leadership skills to build a direct and virtual team that has collaboration as a key element
· Experience in Cultural Diversity and Knowledge of Demographics
Additional responsibility at Operating Company Siemens Energy India Level
· Be a SPOC for all digitalization related topics in Siemens Energy.
· Build a strategic roadmap for Siemens Energy Digitalization integrating all businesses within the Operating company
· Support and ably represent Siemens Energy at various corporate interventions like Digi board
· Work with multiple BU’s within Siemens to put a digital road map and customer solutions together.
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
· Bachelor of Electrical, Controls Engineering/Mechanical Engineering or similar is required, with an additional advanced degree in Business Administration highly preferred
· A total of at least 10 years of leadership in sales, service or operations with experience in one or more of the following fields are required; Power Generation, Industrial or O&G Services
· Experience in Controls business in the power generation industry (5-8 years) or in Oil and Gas Industry for rotating assets (5-8 years)
· Passion for Digitalization and knowledge in deep learning, cloud and edge technologies
· Strong demonstrable experience in managing P&L
· Strong organizational leadership with general management and a mixture of project management, engineering management, product management or sales management
· The successful candidate will have strong and effective interpersonal skills
· Introduce new digitalization solutions to traditional utility and industrial customers
· Experience in leading international teams and cross-country collaboration required
Technology Fields and business Methods
· Expert knowledge of power plant and turbine control solutions (automation and digitalization)
· Digital and Analog Electronics
· General Understanding of the Power Generation Market (Utilities and Industrial Customers), Oil and Sector compression solutions
· Understanding of Decarbonization market
· Understanding of Energy Transition
· Industry 4.0 and its impact to Energy Domain
· Financial KPIs (Order Entry, Revenue, Gross Margin)
· Operational KPIs (Customer Satisfaction, Productivity, Resource Utilization)
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
This role is based in Gurugram. You’ll also get to visit other locations in India and beyond, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination, and help us shape tomorrow.
Organization: Siemens Energy
Company: Siemens Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time