The Siemens ITS Legal team supports the Intelligent Traffic Systems Business (ITS) Unit of the Siemens Mobility business. Our business plays a vital role in society, allowing people and goods to move efficiently and safely in and around our towns and cities.
With constantly evolving transport choices and traffic patterns, worsening air quality, coupled with the exciting and ever accelerating progress toward connected and self-driving cars, traditional approaches to traffic management are reaching their limits. Evolving transport challenges require new insights and approaches and smart solutions. We are committed to finding and delivering these solutions to deliver the outcomes that our customers need. Solutions that balance innovation with quality, intelligence with usability and accessibility with security. Our market-leading intelligent infrastructure and traffic management solutions are designed with our customers, and their customers in mind, helping make the places we live in more efficient, safer and healthier places to be.
We are looking for a senior lawyer to join the team based in Poole (with flexible working arrangements) supporting us as we prepare for the step towards organizational independence as “Yunex Limited”. The carve-out of ITS business unit from Siemens Mobility into a separate legal entity is due to take place during 2021 and will see Yunex Limited remain a wholly owned subsidiary of Siemens Mobility and a Siemens business.
Siemens is looking for a Legal Counsel & Compliance Specialist who will be part of the Local Legal and Compliance team and will report to the Head of Legal and Compliance. The position is responsible for the support of all legal and compliance topics within the company.
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in commercial contracts, ideally within the construction or engineering industry.Responsibilities
- Working closely with senior management and offering support across the business, in a key role, you will join a highly regarded legal team and acting as trusted legal business partner for ITS;
- You will assume responsibility for large variety of complex legal matters, including supplier & customer contracts, software and licensing agreements, IPR, M&A and commercial litigation, particularly in the field of public procurement;
- You will act as primary contact for our Enforcement business, which includes Clean Air Zones (where ITS is the UK market-leader), Speed monitoring, Bus Lanes, and Civil Enforcement (such as priority routes and keep clear solutions) and Road User Charging.
- You will retain and lead external counsel where needed.
- Ownership of legal aspects of the internal governance processes and written submissions / oral presentations to senior management in the UK and headquarters (Germany) on legal risks, mitigation and opportunities.
- Preparation of precedents and provision of training to the business.
- Management and monitoring of workload and give mentorship to other Commercial lawyers and/ or contract managers within the UK team to ensure business needs are met and team is efficiently utilised.
- Proactive monitoring and reaction to regulatory changes affecting the business and ensuring all relevant partners are made aware.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- A forward-thinking and commercially astute solicitor with at least 5 years PQE* English qualified lawyer with excellent academic record or qualified lawyer in another jurisdiction with proven experience in advising on English law topics
- Post qualification experience gained in either private practice with a well-respected law firm or in-house at a large engineering or tech company, and with a particular focus on construction or engineering contracts (including standard-form)
- Experience of public procurement law and ideally (though not required) corporate law
- Understanding of compliance topics, including data protection
- Willingness to develop an in-depth understanding of the ITS business and the key drivers of all partners – be a business-oriented teammate.
- Clear understanding of commercial context in which advice is sought or given
- Ability to work in a fast paced and multifaceted environment – a flexible, pro-active approach and a proven track record of multi-tasking is a pre-requisite
- A highly motivated colleague with a professional approach
- Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills
- Ability to deal confidently and build positive relationships with senior business colleagues, as well as with non-legal colleagues and the international legal community
- Proficient English
- Applicants that can demonstrate comparable experience will be considered on merit and this figure is a guide
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 381,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do I need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance and pension. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time