Siemens Mobility Limited have a fantastic opportunity for an Assistant Telecoms Design Engineer for our Rail Infrastructure CIS business. Siemens offers flexible working opportunities with a mix of office based and remote working. For this role the candidate should be located in proximity to Chippenham, Ashby, Glasgow, Manchester or York
Our Team and what we do:
As market leaders across rail, road and logistics, Siemens Mobility are pursuing the goal of networking various transportation systems with one another to move people and goods efficiently - complete mobility!
The Rail Infrastructure business supplies SCADA control systems as well as operational telecoms and secure network equipment, alongside other engineering solutions to rail industry operators and suppliers worldwide. We have earned a respected reputation within the industry which has developed as a result of our success in delivering great outcomes to our customers. In addition, we are leading the way within the railway industry in developing the next generation of rail technology such as Rail Electrification Control, Advanced Station Management Systems, Automation and Analytics, ETCS and Low Cost Digital Modular Signalling, so this is a phenomenal time to join the business in the development of new, exciting technologies!
Your role, and what you’ll be doing:
Reporting to the Telecoms Design Manager, the Assistant Design Engineer will undertake the delivery of the engineering design aspects of Telecoms tenders and projects within agreed timescales and budgeted cost and is responsible for its contribution to overall business performance.
What are my responsibilities?
- Assist delivery of Telecoms engineering designs / activities to the agreed time, cost, quality, safety and performance requirements
- Assist Telecoms engineering tasks to deliver system development and implementation, including working with sub-contractors where applicable
- Support production of technical and Health and Safety documentation deliverables to meet project requirements
- Assist planning, co-ordination and management of Telecoms engineering tasks including resources and equipment in order to deliver tasks effectively and efficiently
- Complete personal and business objectives agreed under the Performance Management Process
- Support the design team to ensure the appropriate standards, processes, procedures, and tools are applied throughout the engineering life cycle
- Support the team to ensure project tasks are delivered in accord with Siemens Mobility Safety and Quality procedures and meet all applicable legislative, safety and customer requirements
- Supporting the design team to ensure project tasks are delivered and undertaken in accordance with customer Health and Safety procedures and requirements within main line rail, light rail and mass transit environments
- Maintain and develop good relationships with internal and external customers, industry associations, suppliers and Partners
- Develop own professional knowledge and competence, maintaining an awareness of developments in the industry and finding opportunities for innovation
What Skills, Qualifications and Experience do I need for this role?
- Experience in a Telecoms or engineering environment
- Experience or knowledge in design and delivery of Operational Telecommunications systems, preferably in the rail sector.
- Knowledge and application of requirements management.
- Knowledge of integrating third party sub-systems into complete solutions.
- HNC/HND or equivalent in relevant subject (desirable)
- Incorporated Engineer or equivalent status (desirable)
- IRSE Assistant Telecoms Design Licence (desirable)
- Knowledge of development and implementation project tasks within the Main Line, Mass Transit and Light Rail (desirable)
- Knowledge of Safety Critical and Safety Related activities in the rail environment (desirable)
- Experience and knowledge of implementation project engineering processes covering development, design, construction, test, commissioning and handover (desirable)
What behaviours/qualities are Siemens looking for in a suitable candidate?
- Flexibility in the role as it requires an element of travelling and unsociable hours working which may include night working, weekend working and bank holiday working.
- Problem solving skills and lateral thinking ability
- A ‘can-do’ attitude with a hardworking ethos
- Pro-active, inventive and the ability to take ownership
- Good time management & organisational skills
- Good report writing skills
- Strong interpersonal, presentation and communication skills
- 26 days holiday, increasing up to 29 days with length of service
- Excellent pension, with Siemens matching contributions up to 10% of pensionable salary
- Annual performance related bonus
- Flexible benefits to suit your personal needs
- Flexible working policy
- Investment in personal development and support to membership of professional institutions
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of hardworking individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join Siemens. Our people love ithere, andd we want you tobe a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do I need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance, pension and overtime. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time