Change the future with us.
We are looking for dedicated and talented people who tackle ever-changing challenges, customer needs, and questions from colleagues with clever concepts and creativity. We embrace change and work with curious minds re-inventing the future of work. Join us and let us focus together on what’s truly important: making lives better with new ideas and the latest technology around the world.
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
- Freedom and a healthy work- life balance– Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting and digital workspaces.
- Solve the world’s most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
- Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Profit sharing available.
- Rewarding vacation entitlement with the opportunity to buy and sell your vacation depending on your lifestyle.
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
- Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
- Employee perks and discounts.
- Diversity and inclusivity focused.
Siemens is proud to be an eight-time award winner of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers 2018, Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2020 and Greater Toronto's Top Employers 2021.
We are seeking a highly skilled individual to fill the position of Senior Industrial Network & Security Consultant in the Services department. The position will be reporting directly to the Manager – Professional Services at Siemens’ facility located in Concord, Ontario. The ideal candidate should have 5 or more years of experience in designing and deploying network and security architectures preferably in Industrial Control Systems (ICS) involving multiple vendors and technologies, possess strong technical skills and ability to think outside-of-the-box to address the most complex applications.
What you will do?
- Act as a Subject Mater Expert (SME) of Siemens’ Industrial network and security products and solutions
- Develop Industrial Network and Security architectures as per customer needs
- Create detailed design documentations for complex Industrial network and security solutions
- Perform on-site activities including: Configuration, integration and testing of industrial network and security solutions.
- Perform system tests and produce reports as required.
- Optimize an existing network and stage network for factory and lab testing as needed.
- Develop training course curriculums, build training material and perform training activities as needed.
- Prepare and present detailed technical proposals, including product demonstrations and solution prototypes.
- Performs complex hardware and/or software design consultation in accordance with customer/project needs.
- Resolves very complex technical problems to meet customers' needs.
- Provide post and Pre-sales support for the Siemens’ industrial network and security solutions.
- Generates technical collateral such as blueprints, application notes and whitepapers.
What will you need to succeed?
- Bachelor of Science/Associate degree in electrical/computer/mechanical engineering/computer science or equivalent technical degree.
Technical Skills Required:
- Network design (Topologies, Rings, Routing, VLAN, VRRP).
- WLAN design under IEEE 802.11 and knowledge in Rapid Roaming, IPCF, IPCF-MC.
- Networking analysis knowledge and proficiencies in Wireshark, SNMP, NMap, and Wireless Site Surveys
- Good working knowledge of Linux and Virtualized environments
- Experience working with Next Generation Firewalls (NGFW)
- Prior automation/networking experience and use of protocols in SCADA an Industrial applications
- Networking Certifications such as CCNP or Siemens certifications is an asset.
- Cybersecurity Certifications such as IEC62443 is a plus.
- Demonstrate project management skills.
Soft Skills Required:
- Solution fitting
- Troubleshooting/Fault analysis
- Ability to manage his/her own time and tasks with minimal supervision
- Self-motivated and self-starter
- Sound interpersonal, organizational and communication skills.
- Excellent command of the English language... professional knowledge of a second language (French, Spanish) is an asset
- Excellent command of Word, Excel, VISIO, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Able to accommodate for 30% to 50 % of Travel schedule internationally worldwide on short notice.
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Canada, and able to travel to the USA and internationally on short notice
We share our ideas and champion the people behind them.
For over 110 years, Siemens Canada has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality and reliability. Active across Canada, the company focuses on intelligent infrastructure for buildings and distributed energy systems and on automation and digitalization in the process and manufacturing industries. Siemens brings together the digital and physical worlds to benefit customers and society. Through Mobility, a leading supplier of intelligent mobility solutions for rail and road transport, Siemens is helping to shape Canada’s passenger rail services. Via its majority stake in the publicly listed company Siemens Healthineers, Siemens is also a leading supplier of medical technology and digital health services. In addition, Siemens holds a minority stake in Siemens Energy, a global leader in the transmission and generation of electrical power.
Making a difference together we raised $757,000 towards charitable contributions, support over 23 non-profit organizations and planted 1,100 trees in our local communities. Siemens Canada has 2,500 employees from coast-to-coast and 24 office and production facilities across Canada. Join our team of approximately 293,000 talented professionals in more than 190 countries/regions and help us tackle the most exciting challenges to build a successful future together. So, what are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
To learn more about Siemens Canada, visit our website at www.siemens.ca
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Canada Limited - RuggedCom
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.