Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 60,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
Job Title: Senior Staff Data Analytics / Commercial Product Support Engineer
Job Location: Tarrytown, NY, Glasgow, DE, or Flanders, NJ
This is a role well suited to an ambitious professional, looking for the next step in their career. As a Senior Staff Data Analytics / Commercial Product Support Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Candidates must have the ability to understand complicated Medical Device equipment and their HW subsystems. From this understanding, the candidates must be able to propose what data should be captured and transmitted for our IoMT vision.
- Determine requirements for software application(s) or features in alignment with the department’s targets, focusing on Product Support, Customer needs, and other Cross Departmental requests.
- Perform analysis on collected data, identify root cause, and develop recommendations / solutions to drive business improvements and resolve field complaints.
- Collaborate across departments to develop and implement workflows which shall provide insight on instrument and customer behaviors. Guide these efforts by ensuring specification and requirement traceability.
- Work closely with cross-functional team members to ensure that the full understanding of the subsystem and its expected performance are developed
- Work closely with subject matter experts to identify solutions to complex technical issues by troubleshooting, determining root cause, and then proposing design modifications as they pertain to lab diagnostic device system & assay performance.
- Participate in instrument system training to develop skillsets, be able to provide technical guidance and knowledge transfer to internal fleet support /Services teams when escalated instrument issues arise at critical customer sites.
- Analyze system & assay performance test data and establish acceptance criteria
- Collaborate with all Design and Commercial Product Engineering teams
- This position may suit you best if you are familiar with what is below, and would like to do develop your career with Healthineers
- Experience with medical instrumentation and subsystem aggregation is preferred
- You will be working with the latest medical instrumentation and therefore you are willing to learn about new IoMT, software and hardware solutions
- You have experience with analytics toolsets like PowerBI, Azure Analytics services, Python, SQL is preferred.
- Knowledge of AI, cognitive services, and big data analysis
- Knowledge of basic engineering principles; electrical, mechanical and system to understand the operation of complicated medical equipment and glean insight from instrument data.
- Desire to work at customer sites when required to investigate and resolve technical escalations.
Required skills to have for the success of this role:
- Bachelor’s Degree required in IT or related Engineering is required. A Master’s Degree in IT or related Engineering field is preferred
- Minimum of 10+ years of engineering work experience with instrumentation and or data analytics
- Appreciation for the FDA regulated medical device industry
- Willing to travel up to 30%
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.