We spend up to 90 percent of our lives in buildings, and we believe that everything people do in life deserves a flawless place to do it. In a world where our fundamental health, safety and wellbeing expectations have been deeply impacted with the anxiety of a new virus, buildings should offer a haven. Ideally, a perfect place to learn. A flawless place to grow. A perfect place to prosper.
While it’s true that today’s buildings should be efficient, reliable and safe – these characteristics alone don’t enable businesses and empower people the way a true smart building can.
We are currently looking for senior frontend developers to strengthen the Core Team of global Siemens Mobile and Web Platform (SiMPL) which is based on an OSS technology stack (Angular, Bootstrap, Ionic, etc.) and is used by hundreds of developers around the world. It is an open platform that everybody within Siemens can use and contribute to. SiMPL platform powers our UX Design System called Element that is used to streamline the UIs in all our products at Siemens.
Senior Frontend Developer who will be part of the development team and responsible for technical deliverables with quality. He / she can implement web and mobile applications following hyper agile development environment within a globally distributed, self-organizing team adhering to the committed quality, content and timeline
This Position is Based out at Chennai , Pune and Bangalore Location.
What are my Job Responsibilities?
- You should Participate in requirement discussions, analyze and understand the end users’ needs.
- As web development expert you have major impact on the architectural and technological evolution of the project and help to make decisions as a team using principles of meritocracy.
- Implement reusable components following the UX design system in close collaboration with our UX team.
- You need to work with merge request workflow and peer code review.
- You will be having Close collaboration on a global scale with international colleagues in Europe, US and China.
- You should have Good Knowledge on Styling Concepts using SCSS, SASS.
- You should have Sound Knowledge in responsive design for all form factors.
- You should have Exceptional attention to quality needed to work on components and libraries which are re-used in dozens to hundredths of applications.
- You should have Experience with modern software development concepts like Agile, DevOps, Feature Teams
- Contributions to open-source projects are a plus.
- You must have Strong communication and social skills when it comes to working in global teams or presenting ideas and concepts to other stakeholders.
What Qualifies Me?
- Do you have and engineering degree with or IT or MCA with good academic record.
- 5+ years of demonstrable experience in Software Development.
- Extensive working experience with at least one major web framework (Angular, React, Vue.js).
- Working experience with Git and social coding platforms like GitLab, GitHub, etc
- You should have Good knowledge on Software Engineering concepts.
Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens.
This role is primarily based at Chennai. However, you may get the opportunity to visit other locations within India as and when the work demands.
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality and we encourage applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and creativity and help us craft tomorrow.
Find out more about
Siemens careers at: https://new.siemens.com/global/en/company/jobs.html
Company: Siemens Technology and Services Private Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time