We are looking for a highly energetic and capable engineering manager to lead the platform team in the Calibre business unit. The platform team is responsible for optimal performance of Calibre post-tapeout flows, that include the steps of design retargeting, computational litho (including OPC and MPC) and data fracture for mask tapeout. This team is also responsible for the Calibre Cluster Manager (CalCM) suite of tools that are designed to manage large clusters of CPUs, dynamically allocate and de-allocate resources according to compute loads and Generally manage all Calibre jobs being executed on the cluster. As the manager of this team, you will be responsible for coordinating with the team leads on deliverables, set and follow goals and timelines, review results, present results on behalf of the team to internal and external meetings, coordinate with your peers in the product management and QA organizations and in general perform the duties expected by a well-functioning software development operation. This position is based in Fremont, CA. This is a unique opportunity to become a part of the strong technical team that is innovating for years in the space of semiconductor manufacturing software.Job Qualifications
The successful candidate will possess the following combination of education and experience:
- A degree (BS, MS or PhD) in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Physics or Mathematics or equivalent.
- At least 5 years or experience with managing a team of people and preferably managing software development
- Individuals with strong ability to learn and explore new technologies and who are able to demonstrate good analysis and problem solving skills are encouraged to apply
- Good aptitude on emotional intelligence is desirable
- Must have the ability to collaborate closely with other members of the team analyze and synthesize information timely and effectively.
- Good aptitude with project management and experience with project management tools (e.g. jira/confluence) is expected
- Some own experience with programming and with the domain of EDA or more specifically computational lithography or semiconductor manufacturing is highly desirable.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.