Application Support Engineer Advanced – SISW – PLM
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Work as member of a global team providing daily technical support to Polarion customers.
The technical support for Polarion provided by GTAC is essential to the success of our products and the customers who depend on them.
The first is the technical support of the products. We require quick turnaround as Data Management tools are critical to a customer’s success and need to be resolved quickly. Polarion supports both in-house configurations and configurations on PLM owned cloud systems. We need especially to quickly resolve problems with the cloud instances as we are responsible for the configuration of those instances.
The second role a Polarion support team member plays is that of a Dedicated Support Engineer. Customers who choose to buy our software at a Gold level are assigned a support member who monitors their issues, meets frequently (often weekly) to review status, and interfaces with development to help resolve problems quickly
- Excellent interpersonal communication and customer care skills
- Ability to assess customer's IT knowledge levels
- Logical thinker with good analytical and problem solving skills, be able to find untraditional solutions to resolve the customer issues
- Accurate writing and records keeping
- Understanding of Agile and Waterfall development methodologies
- Experience with web technologies – HTML, Java is preferred
- Have good understanding of Java, error messaging, stack traces, etc.
- Good knowledge of Subversion, Apache, LDAP/AD is preferred
- Have at least 1 year of practical experience in tech support, development or QA area is preferred
- Experienced with direct communication with customers.
- Experience of server administration, operating systems (Windows Server, Linux) configuration is preferred
- Fluent spoken/written English
- Able to work 40 hours per week, and sometimes be on call for an emergency shift work over a weekend
- Ability to travel 10-20%
- Team Player and willing to flex work schedule if needed to cover early or late shifts (30%)
*Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.