Do you get excited when you see big equipment moving automatically? Have you always wanted to be the one that makes that happen? We are looking for new talents to work with us on the next automation projects! Siemens Large Drives Business is looking for a dynamic Engineering Technician for our R & D Department. This is a career progressive role with a flexible work schedule and unlimited potential.
Position Overview & Responsibilities:
- Industrialization Lab Responsibility.
- Support designers and engineer’s daily tasks; Design, develop and maintain robust, cost efficient manufacturing equipment and processes consistent with lean manufacturing practices.
- Participates in concurrent engineering efforts and critical design reviews (including both DFMEA and PFMEA) to minimize product development costs and facilitate manufacturability.
- Coordinate project objectives and activities to resolve production problems, maximize product reliability, and minimize cost.
- Participation in optimal overall project technical solution.
- Assembles, wires, and verifies prototype documentation in accordance with engineering drawings.
- Validates and troubleshooting project designs (through entire development cycle).
- Ensures final engineering documentation (Design Guide, Bills of Material, Subassemblies, and Part Classification) and drawings are accurate. Recommends alternative solutions to problems and obstacles.
- Capability to work with minimal direct supervision.
- 5+ years of Knowledge & experience with MV variable frequency drives
- Experience with building prototypes in a research and development environment is preferred.
- Excellent analytical skills; Ability to learn quickly as well as the willingness to efficiently review product models.
- Open minded and eager to embrace technology, digitalization, and advancement assembly practices.
- Enthusiastic to potentially expand technician role into drafting and design, wire harness development, CAD software, and component development/documentation via modeling.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly dynamic, flexible and adaptable personality.
- Experience or knowledge with manufacturing practices – including DFM.
- Strong problem solving, debugging, troubleshooting skills at both component and system levels.
- Strong organization skills to create and maintain engineering lab neatness.
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical engineering drawings, understand notes, call-outs, regular and geometric tolerances.
- Should be able to utilize MS Excel and Word in order to detail results and coordinate data.
- Should have good communication skills, maintaining collaborative relationship with team members.
- Must be organized and be able to multi-task.
- Must be able to walk, sit and/or stand throughout an eight-hour (or longer) day.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. from a floor or table position to chest high using an accurate lifting technique.
- Must be safety conscience.
- Must be able to repetitively use arms, hands, and fingers to manipulate tools and parts.
- Associate’s degree or 1-2 years of vocational technical training preferred. HS diploma or equivalent required. Specialized skill training/certification may be required.
PLEASE NOTE: Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Please Note: Successful candidate must be able to work with controlled technology in accordance with US export control law.
At Siemens, we are committed to an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles and seek to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience.
We offer flexible vacation time, a matching 401K plan, profit sharing, full health, life, vision and dental benefits.
Organization: Portfolio Companies
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.