As a Measurement & Verification Energy Engineer you will manage and perform energy engineering tasks related to measurement and verification (M&V) for Federal ESPC Projects. You will also assist during the development stage of projects by crafting M&V Plans, conduct and oversee M&V activities and analyses during construction and performance period of the project in compliance with the contractual M&V Plans.
· Perform data collection and analytics for project energy analysis per M&V plan requirements.
· Track and manage project M&V task and deliverables
· Perform and oversee on-site M&V activities including data collections, field measurements, inspection of energy conservation measures (ECMs) for performance verification
· Compile results from the measurement and verification activities and prepare periodic reports
· Research and assist in formulating state of the art data analytics to improve project M&V efficiency and positive impact on overall project performance
· Collaborate and work closely with Project Commissioning (Cx) Team in planning and executing M&V related Cx activities
· Establish clear responsibilities and processes for monitoring and measuring results
· Review and report on performance of Operations and Maintenance activities throughout the Performance Period
· BS Degree in Engineering focusing on Mechanical, electrical or energy efficiency
· Minimum ten (10) years of experience in energy engineering and / M&V for performance contracting
· Certified Measurement & Verification Professional (CMVP) Certification and a Professional Engineer (PE) or Certified Energy Manager (CEM) Certifications are required
· Strong understanding of Federal Energy projects (ESPC) and the different stages of the project
· Strong understanding of M&V protocols, polices and standards
· Experienced in and understanding of project measurement and verification process
· Highly proficient in MS Excel, data analytics and databases
· The ability to take ownership and personal responsibility as it relates to making decisions, taking actions and accepting failures
· Ability to follow through on tasks and responsibilities
· Keen and demonstrated ability to meet set deadlines
· Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, especially in communicating with project managers and executives
· Experience writing detailed technical reports and presenting analyses.
· Ability to keep up to speed and learn emerging technology advancements in the field and understand the impact that it might have on projects
· Candidate must be a United States Citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. Government Security Clearance.
Organization: Country Functions & Departments
Company: Siemens Government Technologies, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.