During the current global health crisis, the priority for Siemens Digital Industries Software is the health and wellbeing of our entire community including current and future employees, which may add time to our hiring processes. We appreciate your patience and invite you to visit our website to learn more about how Siemens is responding to the pandemic.
Siemens Industry Software is seeking a Software Engineer to join our D-Cubed Components team based at our Cambridge office. D-Cubed Components software lies at the heart of the algorithms that enable modern engineering design practices on mobile, desktop and cloud platforms, and is used by a wide range of major CAD software vendors.
As part of the development team, you will be working directly on cutting-edge algorithms that advance the state of the art of CAD software. As part of the role, you will:
- Work with customers to understand and interpret their requirements.
- Research, design and implement reliable, efficient algorithms, with a focus on surpassing customers’ expectations by achieving high quality and on time delivery.
- Undertake all aspects of the software development lifecycle, including project management, requirements definition, functional specification, test planning, algorithm/software design and coding
- Create and execute software designs which may involve complicated workflows
Use your skills to move the world forward:
- Educated to degree or above in a STEM subject
- Experience in programming, ideally C++ or similar, in a commercial or educational (degree level or higher) environment.
- Familiarity with software development IDEs, such as Visual Studio
- Knowledge of engineering/computer science methods and practices
- Ability to understand complex products, solutions and problems
- Work and communicate effectively in a team environment
We are Siemens
At Siemens, we live and champion an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilise lean principles to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, self-direct their teams and innovate to succeed.
Can you see yourself learning, growing, and succeeding in this exciting position? If so, we want to meet you.
Siemens is an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate unlawfully on any grounds. We are committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, please let us know in your application.
At Siemens, we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow‘s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Limited
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time