Siemens Factory Automation (FA) is a business unit under our Digital Industries group that offers solutions that help customers achieve high availability of plants and machines, along with resource- and cost-optimized production. Our portfolio focuses on delivering value in areas of continuous optimization of plant operation, comprehensive preventive maintenance and the fastest possible repairs. Our latest addition, the Siemens Industrial Edge, substantially improves the reliability, ease of deployment and management, and time to value of edge services that further optimize a factory's performance. In this multifaceted group we are looking for a Lead Software Development Engineer in California area.Responsibilities:
- Direct a team of 5 remote engineers to build functionality for IT infrastructure products
- Define integrations with Siemens’ product portfolio and leading cloud providers
- Share progress reports at partner meetings
- Host and attend roadmap meetings for partners
- Research competitive positioning of edge computing products
- Attend customer meetings to understand pain points and voice support for Siemens technology
- Go-to-Market strategy and planning
The role will require close coordination with the strategy, GTM, marketing, ecosystem, and sales teams to track market developments, implement improvements to portfolio products, and establish relationships with key customers and partners of Siemens Factory Automation (DI FA). It will also require coordinating with the legal and compliance teams as the edge computing landscape evolves, both within DI FA and in the market.The ideal candidate will have the following credentials:
- Bachelor’s Degree or above preferably in an engineering subject area
- Relevant work experience in software development
- Proven understanding of edge computing, cloud computing, or industrial automation is a plus
- Knowing multiple languages is a plus (Mandarin/Cantonese, Hindi, or German preferred)
- Prior experience working with or building products leveraging cloud is a plus
- Overall 5 years or more of industry experience preferred
The ideal candidate will have the following Skills and Attributes:
- Multifaceted and engaging style with outstanding communications skills – written and verbal. Able to present to all levels and audiences internal and external to Siemens. Able to drive participation and contribution through persuasion.
- Ability to articulate and voice support for the vision and strategic direction of the Industrial Edge. Strong experience in networking into other organizations to build ongoing relationships with partners.
- Validated people leadership and management skills for both direct and matrixed teams. Able to give and receive feedback positively.
- An indomitable ability and aim to disrupt via innovation; to dive deeply and seamlessly into sophisticated elements of a technology-driven business; to think strategically, act tactically, and plan practically; to exercise strong problem-solving skills in the presence of ambiguity; and to pay meticulous attention to detail.
- Phenomenal teammate, able to prioritize multiple work streams with matrixed resources and goals in a dynamic, growing company segment where cultural change and matrix organization is a norm. Flexible and adaptable to changing requirements.
- Ensures focus on measurable outcomes and value to the business. Establishes appropriate measurement criteria and reports to management quantifiable progress over time
You will be working with a remote team across Germany, USA, and India, so schedule flexibility is required. Posting will be for Norcross, GA but remote work from a home office is acceptable.
You will need be available to travel domestically or internationally up to 75% of the time.
At Siemens, we are committed to an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles and seek to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience.
We offer flexible vacation time, a matching 401K plan, profit sharing, full health, life, vision and dental benefits.
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow‘s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.