Design, develop, modify, and implement software programming for products (both internal and external) with a focus on surpassing customer expectations, on achieving high quality and on-time delivery. Responsible for ensuring the overall functional quality of the released product on all required platforms and mechanisms. Ability to understand complex products, solutions, and problems. Creates, documents, and executes software designs that may involve complicated workflows or multiple product areas. Technical lead of one or more projects within one area of a product. Provides input to the technical direction for one area of a product. Occasional consults with customers in regard to future upgrades and products. Able to solve complex technical problems. Provides specialized expertise within multiple systems, software disciplines, as well as general knowledge of related disciplines, applications implications, and customer areas. Works with minimal supervision on complex projects with wide latitude for independent judgment. Highly skilled with extensive proficiency and technical expertise.
Responsibilities and Skillsets
The person in this role will be developing software in the Innovation and Research team. The software development activity could be prototype code, researching an emerging technology, developing applications and microservices, testing harnesses, DevOps pipeline steps, and cloud development technology. The person in this role will be on an Agile Scrum team and will participate a daily scrum meeting, updating story tasks, and providing daily updates to the team.
- Documenting design, testing, or story details for a the proposed implementation of a software feature or service
- Reporting out research findings to the broader team or organization
- Implementing software ideas
- Writing stories for software implementations
- Writing test code for validating software implementations
- Developing DevOps pipeline steps and/or DevOps tooling
- Agile Scrum activities (daily scrum, updating stories and tasks, sprint reviews)
- Research into a new software technology
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Information Technologies
- Experience: Minimum of 8 years of experience in software development.
- Solid Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithms, and problem-solving
- Proficiency in a modern programming language, preferably in C#
- Microservice Architecture (modern cloud architecture)
- Ability to work well with a team in a fast paced, dynamic, agile development environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with containerized application with preferable with Kubernetes
- Experience with relational databases PostgreSQL, SQL, Oracle etc.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Knowledge of professional software engineering best practices
- .net and asp.net ecosystem
- Knowledge of Cloud Platforms (AWS, Azure, Google)
- Strong time management skills and the ability to be self-directed
- Experience with service-oriented architecture and web application/services development
- Experience building complex, scalable, high-performance software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Comfortable with the Linux command line and Git
- Sharp analytical abilities and design skills
- Experience with distributed computing and enterprise-wide systems
- Experience leading and mentoring junior software engineers, and make them more effective, product software engineers
- ORM e.g. N-Hibernate and Entity Framework Core
- GRPC, Interprocess communication
- Experience with enterprise messaging applications.
- Experience with any unit test framework
- Knowledge of Visual Studio, Other IDEs
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software (India) Private Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time