Mendix is on a mission to enable anyone in any organization – from the marketing coordinator to the software developer to the CEO – to create things that are transformational for their company. We are fundamentally reinventing the way applications are built and we’re reinventing the future of software development. Sounds ambitious, right? We agree.
With the rapid growth Mendix is experiencing and accelerated by the acquisition by Siemens Industry Software (SISW), we are constantly growing. We are currently building up a new team that is
You pro-actively drive our engagement model for a profitable and sustainable growing business leveraging the vast opportunities in the manufacturing industries. You shape the transformation of our today’s business and organization to succeed in the defined areas.
The Challenge and The Areas of Responsibilities
- You are co-responsible for the strategy and performance of the Mendix Business (ARR, logos, growth) in selected verticals of Siemens’ Digital Industries!
- You lead a team of Industry professionals setting the priorities to successfully ramp-up and sustainably growth Manufacturing Cloud business and define the targets for related functions included in your responsibility
- You identify and validate new business opportunities in the manufacturing industries in closed collaboration with other Siemens BU’s, verticals organizations and business segments (e.g. industry, country, channel-specific), in order to continuously increase the ARR, logos and growth of Mendix Industry business
- You actively drive the successful transformation of the offering, business model and go-to-market in view of global market & digitalization opportunities as well as emerging industry trends.
- You pro-actively drive our engagement model, supporting customer-facing activities (solution incubations, “must win” projects) and realizing portfolio and revenue synergies with other vertical / segment businesses within Siemens
- You develop strategic ARR-generating partnerships, share standard methodologies as well as building and train our go to market channels on the defined industry solutions
- You build industry-specific value prop. of solutions and content for sales and Marketing collaterals
- You handle the qualification process for inbound about collaboration and solution opportunities within DI SW, DI, broader Siemens as well as partners
- You support the definition of M&A targets, benchmark activities etc.
- As a leader, you will listen, empower your teams to contribute, foster collaboration and focus on the customer
- Proven, successful track record in successful customer engagements and growing new business, improvement areas and synergies creation in the Industry Business.
- Management experience – leading a team of people, ideally in different regions.
- Ability to navigate in sophisticated organizations, identify and build a collaboration environment with the relevant partners.
- Proven ability to active listen to customers, understand their expectations, effectively present proposals, persuade and negotiate
- In-depth knowledge of how industry vertical evaluates, purchases, and delivers software, with the ability to translate such knowledge into comprehensive strategies and market value for Mendix and its low-code offering.
- Strong aim to succeed, are highly collaborative, demonstrate integrity and top-tier thought leadership.
- Ability to build and expand trust across people and teams.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate across organizational boundaries, a strategic-innovative attitude and a strong results orientation.
- A high level of communications skills and a proven track record to structure executive and presentations and present relevant business content.
- Multi-year experiences in Industrial Manufacturing, System Integration Companies in Sales, Pre-Sales roles.
- Shown experiences with SaaS / PaaS business model
- Proficiency in English and German – additional languages are always an asset
While we live on different continents, speak different languages, and work on different things, we are bound by our “MendixBlue” guiding principles. Being “MendixBlue” means that you live the culture, and you consistently improve it as we grow. It’s kind of a big deal.
We put the customer first. Without our customers, we have no business. So, if you act in the best interest of our customers, always…you belong here.
We think big. We work to have a meaningful, lasting impact on the world. So, if you aim high and think long term…you belong here.
We innovate. We want to be what happens next. So, if you ask “what if?” and work to find a way or make one…you belong here.
We nurture talent. We look, not just at the sum of what an individual has done, but at the potential of who they can be. So, if you’re up for learning from your failures…you belong here.
We hear every voice. Inflated egos don’t last here, humility does. So, if you share credit and ensure that the best ideas win – regardless of who they come from…you belong here.
We own it. If something needs doing, we do it. So, if you focus on the outcome, and take initiative to get it done…you belong here.
We have fun. We use laughter as a common language. We can ask for help and we’re happy to give it. So, if you find joy and purpose in what you do…you belong here.
Make your career at Mendix.
There are precious few jobs that let you create the future. But you’ll find one at Mendix. We are at a pivotal time in our company’s existence: where rapid growth meets stable funding. This is the time for industrious people to raise their hands to solve the next generation of problems. Mendix is a place where ambitious people can thrive; where you can identify an issue, propose a solution, and build the structure to make it happen.
Important to know: Mendix is a Siemens business, which means we’re backed by the resources and stability of one of the world’s largest and most forward-looking enterprises. Think: job security.
Since our company was founded in 2005, our aim has been to create a great work environment for people at all stages in their careers. That’s why we are so pleased and honored that we were rated a top Cloud Computing Company to work for in 2019, based on feedback from our employees on Glassdoor. With offices in the Netherlands, the UK, Germany, and the US, (and more coming), we provide an international playground to truly impact the world through low-code.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software GmbH
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time