Siemens Mobility (SMO) is the world’s leading provider of mobility solutions that enable the efficient, safe, and environmentally friendly transport of people and goods - and help improve the quality of everyday life for millions of people on all continents.
Motivated by innovation, we develop intelligent solutions for the growing digitalization of the transport sector. Our range of offerings includes rail vehicles, rail automation, road traffic management systems, rail electrification and services.
Today, we are recruiting for the Rolling Stock Depot Design and Equipment Engineer position for Siemens Mobility Egypt to join our Project Team in Egypt. This is an excellent career opportunity for professional talents from Rail /Transportation Business looking to join a truly international team.
Join Siemens Mobility and help us re-imagine the world by finding solutions and making the world a smarter place for tomorrow.
Your Role – International, Challenging and Future-Oriented!
- The Rolling Stock Depot Design and Equipment Engineer will evaluate depot system design, the functional layout and you define the maintenance equipment in complete solutions.
- You will draft technically binding tenders and concepts and evaluate tenders’ responses received from subcontractors.
- In addition, you will adapt the system concepts to project-specific requirements considering the mandatory regulations and standards
- Next to this, you will prepare and write technical documents based on the systems and equipment implemented during the project execution phase
- Besides, you will design and optimize the technical layout of depots and coordinate related activities with the subsystems involved within the project.
- Moreover, you will be responsible for calculation, delivery, installation, and commissioning of the maintenance equipment in line with project schedule and requirements.
Your Qualifications and Skills – Digital and Solid!
- You bring in a bachelor’s degree in engineering, preferably in electrical engineering or machine construction.
- Also, you have mid-term experience in the planning of depots, railway maintenance work, maintenance equipment sourcing and implementation.
- Project experience in the context of international customer or development projects is as desirable as technical team leadership experience.
- You score with fluent English skills; good knowledge of German and other foreign languages (e.g., Arabic) is an advantage.
- Due to the international orientation of the projects, mobility and willingness to travel is essential; this may also require long-term delegations.
What else do you need to know?
As a world leader in developing and producing the most advanced technologies, we improve lives and further human achievements worldwide, while also protecting the climate - all thanks to our employees. Working with us, you have the foundation to develop personally and professionally. We give you the chance to do something significant, that benefits society and human progress. We give you the chance to create a difference.
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow ‘s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Diversity at Siemens is our source of creativity and innovation. Having different types of talent and experiences makes us more ambitious and better prepared to respond successfully to the demands of the Society. Therefore, we value the candidates that reflect the Diversity that we enjoy in our Company. Please find more information at www.siemens.com
We are looking forward to receiving your online application.
Please note: Only complete applications can be considered in the selection process.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Egypt LLC
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time