Software Engineer Prescan Visualization
Location: The Hague, The Netherlands
Simcenter Prescan is a mature and wide-spread simulation platform for virtual development and validation of (Highly) Automated Driving systems, and is used in the automotive industry for development of Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS) that are based on sensor technologies such as radar, laser/lidar, camera and GPS.
Prescan is also used for designing and evaluating vehicle-to-vehicle (V2V) and vehicle-to-infrastructure (V2I) communication applications as well as autonomous driving applications, and for virtual testing of algorithms for e.g. autonomous braking, lane keeping, and accident avoidance.
To strengthen the team and to create new functionality for our Prescan software suite, we have an immediate opening for an experienced Software Engineer.
In this role you will help develop state of the art 3D computer graphics software, work closely with other software engineers in your Agile scrum team to design and implement new functionality, use and expand your mature Object Oriented (OO) developing skills and have a keen eye for high-quality software development techniques. Additionally, you will work with state of the art tools to increase productivity and quality of the software.
Required Background & Education:
· · Education level: MSc
or BSc with more than 2 years of experience in software development.
· Good control of OO design and implementation using C++ (C++11 and higher).
· Thorough understanding of best coding practices.
· Version control tools such as Mercurial and Git.
· Experience with OpenGL, GPU Computing and Shader Languages is needed.
· Experience with 3D Models: Geometry, Textures and Materials is needed.
· Experience with one of the following is a clear advantage: OpenCL, CUDA, GPGPU, Unreal Engine or other game engines, Physics Based Rendering techniques, OpenSceneGraph.
· Knowledge of Python, C# and MATLAB/Simulink is a plus.
· Experience with Linux is a plus.
· Agile development (SCRUM) experience is a plus.
· Knowledge and use of UML for architecture and design purposes is a plus.
· Working experience with the Atlassian toolsuite (i.e. Jira Agile, FishEye) or similar.
· Experience with User Interface design and implementation (e.g. Qt) is a plus.
We are looking for a team player with an analytical mindset, willing to pick up new challenges, someone who is pragmatic, result oriented and inventive regarding complex problems.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Netherlands B.V.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time