Madymo is a mature and wide-spread simulation platform for virtual development and validation of restraint systems.
Madymo offers fast and accurate simulation of the behavior of dummy models as well as human models during a vehicle crash. A new trend within the automotive community is to also use Madymo during the pre-crash phases, typically in the 2-3 seconds interval just before a crash when the vehicle tries to prevent or mitigate a crash by braking or steering.
This poses new requirements on the Multi-Body, Finite-Elements and Airbag solvers within Madymo.
To strengthen our team in optimizing Madymo for virtual development and validation of the next generation safety systems, SISWS has an immediate opening for a Senior Software Engineer with solid modern Fortran skills.
The main role will be to develop scientific software for the next-generation Madymo solvers, using state of the art numerical methods and computational techniques, in close cooperation with the entire Madymo team.
Design, develop, modify, and implement software programming for products (both internal and external) with focus on surpassing customer expectations, on achieving high quality and on-time delivery.
Responsible for ensuring the overall functional quality of the released product on all required platforms and mechanism.
Creates, documents, and executes software designs which may involve significant re-architecture of important systems, defining and coordinating implementation of wide-reaching impacts.
Acts as Technical lead of major projects within one area of a product and guiding junior engineers
Frequently consults with customers for future upgrades and products.
Influences the technical direction for one area of a product.
Promotes innovation through the ability to introduce new technology/knowledge into at least one area of a product and to our people.
Provides high-level technical expertise, including performing in-depth and complex software systems programming and analysis.
Possesses broad knowledge of internal operating systems, applications implications and customer areas.
Works without supervision on highly complex projects with complete latitude for independent judgment and technical expertise.
Required Background & Education:
- Education level: PhD or MSc in Aerospace, Mechanical Engineering or Applied Mathematics, with strong focus in numerical methods to resolve differential equations (ordinary and partial).
- Senior level: >8 year of experience in a similar position
- Thorough knowledge of numerical analysis and its application. Finite Element Methods, and modern time advancing schemes are highly desirable.
- Thorough knowledge of shared and distributed memory processing techniques.
- Knowledge of modern OpenMP and MPI is desirable.
- Good command of Object Oriented (OO) software design and implementation using modern Fortran, Knowledge of C++ is a strong asset.
- Good knowledge of algorithms and data-structures, in scientific software context, and their practical implementation.
- Knowledge of Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) is a strong asset.
- Comfortable with Linux as working environment.
- Continuous Integration using Jenkins and Version Control tools is desirable but not mandatory.
- Knowledge and control of UML for architecture and design purposes is a plus.
- Working experience with the Atlassian tool suite (e.g. Jira Agile, …) is a plus.
We are looking for a strong team player with an analytical mindset, willing to pick up new challenges, someone who is pragmatic, inspiring, result oriented and inventive regarding complex problems.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Netherlands B.V.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time