Software Test Engineer Prescan Visualization
Location: Siemens The Hague office
Simcenter Prescan is a mature and wide-spread simulation platform for virtual development and validation of (Highly) Automated Driving systems and is used in the automotive industry for development of Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS) that are based on sensor technologies such as radar, laser/lidar, camera and GPS.
Prescan is also used for designing and evaluating vehicle-to-vehicle (V2V) and vehicle-to-infrastructure (V2I) communication applications as well as autonomous driving applications, and for virtual testing of algorithms for e.g. autonomous braking, lanekeeping, and accident avoidance.
For the Prescan product suite we want to extend our team with a Software Test Engineer.
We are looking for a motivated candidate who can represent the customer in our software testing process.
As part of the SCRUM team you will review functional requirements, create test cases to ensure the overall quality and you will help identify, analyze and document software bugs and software behavior that is inconsistent with stated user stories.
As Software Test Engineer you will be responsible for the analysis, reporting and communication of test results.
You will assist in evaluating product defects reported by our customers and create, maintain and schedule automated test cases.
You will become part of the Prescan scrum team that focuses on rendering and visualization, and on asset and material modeling.
Manual test cases may need to be executed if they cannot be automated, and you will contribute to improve test methods and strategies.
In this role when necessary you will escalate test (quality) risks to management with possible mitigation activities.
Required Background & Education:
- Master or Bachelor degree, preferably in Information technology, and with a focus on graphical techniques.
- Knowledge and working experience in technical software
- testing (>2 yrs).
- Knowledge of Windows and Linux.
- Knowledge and experience with MATLAB/Simulink is a plus.
- An adequate level of verbal and written English.
- Knowledge software test automation or programming languages such as C#, C++, Python is a plus.
- Agile development (SCRUM) experience is a plus.
- ISTQB/TMAP (foundation) certification is a plus.
- A keen interest in our application domain of automated driving.
Personality:We are looking for someone who is a team player with excellent communication skills, an analytical mindset and someone who is not afraid to back down from new challenges.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Netherlands B.V.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time