Maintenance Engineer (double days) – f/m/x - Oxfordshire
Fantastic opportunity for an experienced Maintenance Engineer to join our innovative team at Siemens Healthineers Magnet Technology.
The shifts are double days with a requirement to work only 1 weekend per month, there are regular periods of 3 days off. You will have the opportunity to work on a wide range of specialist equipment, several types of PLC and robots. As a Maintenance Engineer you will have the opportunity to work on reliability engineering and Industry 4.0 projects, and develop new skills in a supportive working environment.
We value equality, diversity, and maintain a collaborative work culture in which you’re empowered to drive your own career. We are what we are because of our people.
Medical experience is not necessary, our team come from different sectors including automotive, aerospace, FMCG, general manufacturing as well as service leavers.
Your mission and responsibilities:
- Support the TPM, PPM & Condition Based Maintenance program and respond to equipment faults.
- Designing and implementing improvement projects.
- Commission modifications and alterations to existing plant and equipment, to improve line efficiencies.
- Develop procedures and methods for new installations.
- Diagnosing and rectifying faults on PLCs, in depth troubleshooting on all machinery and equipment to identify root cause.
- Training Apprentices and new recruits to the section.
- Carry out rectification work on product (after completion of training).
- Arranging specialist procurement of fixtures, fitting’s, or components.
- Dealing with and responding to emergencies, unplanned problems, breakdowns & repairs.
- Working with pneumatics & hydraulics.
- Use of Condition Based Maintenance equipment (vibration, thermography, acoustic).
Benefits of this role:
You’ll work on maintenance engineering projects that have an impact on healthcare worldwide and will have your own space to innovate and be creative, with people who are passionate and motivated. Throughout your career with us, you’ll have every chance to develop personally and professionally in a role offering real depth and breadth of experience.
- Electrically qualified to 18th Edition regulations.
- Strong PLC knowledge, we have Siemens, Beckhoff, NUM & Mitsubishi.
- Experience of hydraulics and pneumatics.
- Ideally apprentice or NVQ level 3 trained in either electrical or mechanical engineering.
- Experience in mechanical drives and mechanical set up of complex drive systems.
- Ability to interpret drawings, blue-prints, manuals, sketches, or verbal instructions
Your personality and skills
- Excellent communication skills, ability to deal effectively with a wide range of complex technical issues and develop cross functional relationships.
Your cultural fit:
Our unique team spirit arises from embracing different perspectives, open debate, and the will to challenge conventions. Change is a constant aspect of our work. We aspire to lead the change in our industry rather than just react to it. That’s why we want you to seek, implement and celebrate your best ideas.
Healthineers value those who dedicate their energy and passion to this cause, our company’s name is dedicated to our employees. It’s their pioneering spirit, blended with our long history of engineering in the ever-evolving healthcare industry that truly makes us unique as an employer.
About us and what we can offer
We’re an international organisation that works for people to live longer, more fulfilled, and happier lives. We’re the global leader in our field. As part of the worldwide Siemens Healthineers network, we’re united by our pioneering hearts and engineering minds. Join our 170-year legacy and help shape the future of healthcare.
At our Oxford site we offer enhanced maternity/ adoption leave, subsidised restaurant, a free gym on-site, excellent pension scheme and company contributions, option to buy extra holidays, private healthcare cover and other flexible benefits (including dental).
In our rural setting four miles from Oxford, there’s ample parking and strong commuter links to the surrounding area.
Please follow this link for further information about our products and services: https://www.siemens-healthineers.com/en-uk/magnetic-resonance-imaging/siemens-magnet-technology
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens HC Ltd. MR Magnet Technology
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time