We are looking for a Software Engineer to develop CFD application specific web-based applications that utilizes the latest technologies in web development. This position will be part of the CCM Product Management organization, which works closely with Product Development, Sales, Customer Support, and Marketing to make Simcenter STAR-CCM+ the leading CFD-focused multiphysics solution in the Industry. As a Software Engineer at Siemens Digital Industries, you will lead and contribute to the creation of our robust suite of industry and application specific cloud-based web-apps. You will be a member of an agile product development team working collaboratively with others in the broader engineering organization, including other Software Engineers, Product Managers, Application Specialists and Support Engineers. You will be responsible for driving the architecture and help make technological choices that are easily scalable in order to build a range of web applications.
Prerequisites and Essential Functions:
Primary job functions:
- Develop Web applications using Mendix low code development platform
- Collaborate with Software Engineers, Product Managers, Application Specialists and Support Engineers to understand requirements, propose technical solutions and implement those solutions with high quality and scalable software
- Help shape GraphQL/REST APIs developed by other teams and ensure they align with our requirements
- Be a self-starter and dive into a codebase
- Demonstrate ownership culture by taking ownership of the project and moving it forward
- Communicate product developments to internal customers (product management, internal user community, etc.) with some limited exposure/interaction with external customers.
- A Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in a relevant engineering discipline (Computer Science is highly desirable) with 1-3 years of professional experience in designing and developing web applications
- Passion for building scalable, maintainable and high-quality software
- Ability to work independently while being a strong team player and creative thinker who is able to work with multi-cultural technical teams
- Analytical thinker with strong organizational and problem-solving skills
- Your team and the teams that you will be interacting with are highly geographically dispersed across different time zones. Your ability and willingness to work in a remote environment in a highly geographically distributed team/company is essential to your and the team’s success.
- Familiarity with AWS
- Relational and NoSQL databases
- Experience building web applications using Mendix
- Working knowledge of low code development platforms (Createio, GeneXus, Visual LANSA etc.)
- Experience in CAE tools/methods (CFD is highly desirable, Simcenter STAR-CCM+ is a big plus)
- Experience in designing web APIs
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Limited
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time