At Siemens, we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here:  www.siemens.com/careers/digitalmindsCompany: SISW - EDA
Job Title: Senior EDA Software R&D Engineer- 256386
Job Category: Software
- We are looking for a highly motivated EDA tool researcher & software developer, preferably with semiconductor test background, to join the Tessent Diagnosis R&D team.
- We develop industry leading EDA tools that perform scan test failure diagnosis, and, yield learning from high volume diagnosis results.
- Successfully shipping semiconductor chips manufactured on today’s advanced technology nodes requires efficient and effective test, ultra-precision diagnosis and accurate learning of yield loss mechanisms from silicon failure data.
- The Tessent family of tools including Tessent TestKompress and Tessent Diagnosis are the industry leading tools that enable semiconductor companies to perform these tasks, thus allowing them to sell parts with high quality and reliability.
- As part of this role, you will be working alongside the industry leaders in this field to lead the development of tools for test, diagnosis and yield learning from volume diagnosis data for the cutting edge process technology (7nm, 5nm, 3nm and beyond).
- This work will provide you a chance to create solutions for today’s most challenging problems in the area of test and diagnosis and have a wide impact within the semiconductor industry.
The successful candidate must possess the following combination of education and experience:
- PhD (OR MS with 5+ years of demonstrated research/industry experience) in Computer Science or Electrical & Computer Engineering with at least one of the following areas of focus (in order of preference)
- a. Scan test diagnosis algorithm development.
- b. General semiconductor test topics: ATPG, DFT, BIST, scan compression etc.
- c. Circuit simulation, characterizing defect behavior.
- d. Applying machine learning techniques to semiconductor test problems.
- e. General machine learning not necessarily related to semiconductor test.
2. Highly motivated to understand complex problems and come up with creative solutions.
3.Attention to detail and the ability to accurately estimate software tasks with delivery on schedule.
4.Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
5.Strong C++/Python development skills.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.