Director of Communications
Building Robotics, Inc. is a Siemens-owned business founded in 2012, as Comfy | Enlighted. Our mission is connecting employees to the people, places, and things they need to do their best work. Our SaaS platform combines building intelligence, space analytics, and a consumer-grade mobile app technology to improve the workplace experience for Fortune 500 companies around the globe. Headquartered in the San Francisco Bay Area, our fast-growing team balances the dynamic energy of a small company with the backing of a global powerhouse.
Our Promise to You
We believe your work is an extension of yourself. At Comfy | Enlighted, we hire many sorts of selves and that’s what makes us exceptional. We value diversity of thought, always asking tough questions, committing to solutions—and we do that best when we have and nurture every point of view. We value you, and we want to hear you, learn from you, and move forward together.
What You Will Do
- Partner with Comfy | Enlighted internal teams to weave compelling storytelling that drives positive visibility in outwardly facing media/social venues.
- Organize and lead customer discovery calls and interviews to capture their story, translating to customer advocacy content/activities, such as press releases, social posts, byline stories and marketing content.
- In partnership with our PR agency, secure media placement opportunities, develop prep materials and facilitate interviews, coordinating with Comfy | Enlighted spokespeople.
- Source and provide customer references or speakers for product launches, incoming media opportunities, exec interviews and third-party conferences.
- Act as a point of contact for joint marketing/PR requests from Comfy | Enlighted partners.
- Develop analyst program, coordinating analyst briefings and following analyst research, coordinating with and informing Comfy | Enlighted product, sales and marketing teams.
- Foster excellent long-term relationships with key analysts important to Comfy | Enlighted target audience.
- Interface and coordinate with Siemens Communications teams.
- Manage PR agency teams
Your Team Collaboration
- CEO / Senior Management: Prepare for interviews; write bylines and coordinate media activities.
- Product & Product Marketing: Understand solution positioning, new solution launch schedules, to best position Comfy | Enlighted capabilities. Work with Product Marketing on the PR strategy for new solution launches.
- PR Agency: Guide agency activities, meeting on a regular basis. Prioritize tasks for maximum positive media placements. Track spending and ensure quality deliverables.
What You Will Bring
- 7-9 years Public Relations / Communications experience
- Ability to take input from multiple sources: customers, internal teams, market data/information/trends and create stories that amplify company messaging and campaign motions.
- Proven talent working with senior management to create content, messaging and interview preparation.
- Experience developing storylines into media pitches or bylines that result in placements in publications important to Comfy | Enlighted.
- Experience working with industry analysts (highly desirable); background scheduling and running briefings and following/influencing published research.
- Background effectively managing an outside agency.
- Excellent written and oral communications required.
- Detailed and organized with the ability to manage multiple project timelines and to provide management status and visibility on program progress.
Our Benefits Include
- Market-leading software application centered on improving the workplace experience :)
- Take-what-you-need vacation policy
- Competitive salaries
- Generous medical, dental and vision insurance
- Matching 401k policy
- Frequent team events (costumes optional)
- Independent start-up culture with the backing of a global corporate powerhouse, Siemens
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Building Robotics Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.