Who designs your future? You do.
Are you looking for a career where you can showcase your technical aptitude and passion for problem solving to ensure your customers can work in a comfortable, safe, and energy-efficient environment? Then look to Siemens!
Join our team! Recognized by Fortune as World’s Most Admired Companies 2021
Our Culture: At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
What you will do for Siemens Smart Infrastructure:
The warehouse coordinator is responsible for all shipping and receiving activities at the branch warehouse as well as the management and upkeep of the warehouse environment. The warehouse coordinator reports into the regional manager or the warehouse supervisor (if applicable). Additionally, the warehouse coordinator will have daily interaction with branch staff, and acts as a service provider to branch operations – thereby taking some local direction from operations management.
Job responsibilities and activities include (but are not limited to) the following:
receiving inbound deliveries, moving parts and materials into inventory and/or job stock, picking parts and materials for outbound deliveries, processing all transactions in SAP according to standard procedure, creating shipping papers using the preferred carriers’ software application, supporting the service van parts replenishment process, keeping accurate inventory levels and participating in the inventory count process as dictated by policy/procedure, executing the goods return procedure for the branch, communicating with internal parties to coordinate delivery of parts and materials to meet project/service demand, retaining documentation necessary for follow-up and proof of delivery and inventory, general housekeeping of the warehouse, enforcing and maintain safety in the warehouse, adhering to standard warehouse guidelines, and following the Siemens' policies.
- High School Diploma
- Detail oriented, accurate and organized
- Computer skills a must – Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook),
- SAP experience – IM and WM modules
- Good written and verbal communication
- Material handling skills/experience – movement of parts and materials (in boxes) using the appropriate handling equipment
- Experience using a forklift (certification needed)
- Safety first attitude
- Customer service approach – responsive and thorough
- Self-directed – ability to work independently (supervised remotely)
- 3 years experience working in a warehouse in a material handling and logistics function preferred
- Variety of supply chain management experience preferred
- Experience working with cross-functions (e.g. project managers, service technicians)
- Customer service experience
- SAP experience – other SCM related modules (Purchasing, Accounting, Planning, etc.) preferred
- Individual must possess a valid Driver’s license in good standing
- Individual must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive paid time off plan, holidays, and floating holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Company cell phone and laptop
- Extensive product training and professional career development
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
- Overtime, on-call pay, and company uniform and vehicle for eligible positions
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.