We are currently seeking for a Buying Professional within our Siemens Mobility Customer Services Operational Procurement Team. The position will be responsible for P2P process the order management of a set group of product commodities as well as IT equipment purchasing.
The position will issue purchase orders to approved suppliers
to obtain materials at the lowest cost consistent with quality reliability and
urgency of need. This individual will maintain lead times for custom and
standard product orders, manage supplier relationships, align with our Strategic Procurement team to
monitor supplier performance, supplier quality as we as negotiated terms and
conditions. This position will assist
the strategic procurement team in executing commodity strategies at a tactical
position will be seated at McClellan Park (Sacramento), CA.
- Executes complex buying strategies to purchase and arrange timely deliveries of supplies and materials; expedites as needed and serves as liaison between vendors and users, getting prior approval for purchases in excess of established limits
- Resolves complex delivery, quality or other related problems with purchases and invoices
- Contributes to implementation and ensure usage of globally defined methods, processes and systems to ensure high process efficiency and process compliance (e.g. compliant Purchase-to-Pay (P2P) process, Procurement guidelines, IT systems)
- Controlling and Performance GRIR, GRIR reporting in a timely manner
Updates project plans and purchasing systems; reviews and analyzes requisitions
and supply plans for domestic and international purchases
- Defines, communicates and tracks scheduling, risk, change, opportunities and resource management
- Gains alignment on project prioritization and requirements
- Works with cross-functional business partners as well as SupplyChain Management (SCM) network, accounting, financial and controlling
- Track the vendor's progress against the original and/or revised schedule, invoices reconciliation
- Responsible for effectively communicating with cross-functional team members on project status and SCM tasks
- Review and target supplier delivery improvements and late order resolution
- Works in conjunction with strategic procurement, supplier quality and logistics for improving total cost of ownership of products/services
- Responsible for order execution and delivery on all IT Equipment purchasing for the Customer Services business division
Leverage existing procurement processes and compliance while seeking to
identify best management practices, improved procurement processes and other
continual improvement initiatives to facilitate efficient processes
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Education: Bachelor’s required
A minimum of 1 year relevant work experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrate success in applying complex knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures of particular area of specialization
- Demonstrated knowledge of organization's business practices and issues
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment while maintaining an individual workload
- Perform job duties with a sense of urgency
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
IT Equipment Knowledge
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.