The Principal Key Expert holds technical knowledge that is both deep and broad. He/she decides across defined portfolio elements of the Technology Field. He/she significantly influences the economic results of their organization and drives innovation. As authority for Engineering in Automation Systems, he/she drives Research Groups' technology roadmaps and guides system development. He/she also acts as technology advisor to Technology Field Head, Research Group management. Furthermore he/she contributes to innovation and management groups in Business Units, Research Institutes and Standardization Bodies.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Drive developing the next generation of useful products and technologies. Identify technical (market) trends, analyze current state of technology, and derive bold improvement actions. Design and optimize the development process for complex products and technologies in his/her area of responsibility, incl. interfaces to neighboring technologies.
- Technically advise Technology Field and Research Group management (technology roadmap, strategy development, contract review, etc.) and business partners (mainly clients) on implementation of complex tasks regarding system concepts, innovation fields and trends, technical risk potential and mitigation, as well as competitor analysis.
- Initiate and drive technical projects inside and across Research Groups as well as relevant client organizations. Coordinate implementation and testing of technical concepts / specifications including systems, components, interfaces, and implementation standards
- Create new, innovative solutions for actively and systematically developing patent portfolio.
- Troubleshoot and guide in strategically important projects. Review technical concepts at critical milestones in strategically important projects.
- Solve technical issues within RDA Technology Field and across Research Groups and internal working groups.
- Represent Technology Field and Research Groups interests externally: Publish in relevant academia, be part of international conference committees, contribute to and define technical standards, maintain excellent networks with (standards) institutes, universities, certification agencies, appraisers, and consultants.
- Coach and mentor selected employees. Train and qualify experts and actively pass on knowledge.
- Align technology focus and roadmaps across Research Groups in focus area “Engineering Systems in Automation”.
- Initiate and foster collaboration projects with clients (Business Units), other research groups and external partners, like institutes, universities, or authorities.
- Engage with Company Core Technology projects to define their scope and vision.
- Identify and screen (technology) trends and evaluate their relevance for automation or evolvement and improvement of technology field
- Know and understand Siemens’s business development plans, innovation and technology roadmaps, major pain points and needs in Industry Automation
- Establish an efficient network in the technology field to foster collaboration, knowledge exchange and development.
- Institutionalize a quality tree to guide research and development, ensuring continuous delivery of quality and improvement of the same.
- Technical leadership for all mission critical projects, by training, coaching, mentoring, and advising on technology, architecture and design.
- Commoditization management to make sure research focus is on differentiating aspects, while commodity is externalized (use of commercial or open-source software).
Areas of Qualifications:
Education & Training:
- University degree in Computer Science, or other relevant discipline.
- Innovation horizon: +3 years (disruptive).
- Business Type Experience (Project, Product & Solution Business): Significant experience from > 10 years of professional contribution in R&D or related environments; Technical leadership in large client- or R&D-projects for the whole production lifecycle.
- Business Cycle Experience
- Organizational Experience (Corporate Unit, Sector/ Cross Sector Unit): Exposure to the relevant Siemens sector domains required (Industry, Energy, Healthcare, Infrastructure and Cities). Advanced understanding of Siemens’s product portfolio for Industry Automation. Expertise in technologies for engineering of automation systems.
- International Experience (International Exposure, International Work Experience): Expert in contributing towards global projects; Intercultural work experience in collaborating with global teams
- Driving for Results. Driven by passion for goals and creating usable, tangible results
- Strategic Direction. Defines and implements strategy sustainably for own area of responsibility
- Customer Focus. Understands and acts on customer's needs, understanding includes customer of direct customers.
- Driving Change. Identifies need, communicates and reasons change, persistent driving and exemplifying.
- Building Networks & Partnerships. Actively engages with business partners, academia, standardization, and colleagues
- Driving Innovation. Creates new solutions, experiments with new and unconventional ideas, visionary bold moves, taking risks, leverages business potentials.
- Execution. Acts in line with the values, questions and helps in continuous improvement.
Company: Siemens Ltd., China
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time