Job title: Product Management Specialist (Product Owner)
Siemens founded the new business unit Siemens Advanta (formerly known as Siemens IoT Services) on April 1, 2019 with its headquarter in Munich, Germany. It has been crafted to unlock the digital future of its clients by offering end-to-end support on their outstanding digitalization journey. Siemens Advanta is a strategic advisor and a trusted implementation partner in digital transformation and industrial IoT with a global network of more than 8000 employees in 10 countries and 21 offices. Highly skilled and experienced specialists offer services which range from consulting to craft & prototyping to solution & implementation and operation – everything out of one hand!
Before our software developers write even a single line of code, they have to understand what drives our customers. What is the environment? What is the user story based on? Implementation means – trying, testing, and improving outcomes until a final solution emerges. Knowledge means exchange – discussions with colleagues from all over the world. Join our Digitalization Technology and Services (DTS), team based in Bangalore and enjoy the freedom to think in completely new categories!
This is your role. What part will you play?
- As a Product Owner, you will be responsible for setting, prioritizing, and accepting the work generated by a team in order to ensure the most valuable and accurate functionality of the product.
- Develop scope and define backlog items (epic/features/user stories) that guide the scrum team.
- Seek product related problems, make decisions, complete trade-off analysis to stay on track towards business deliverable commitments.
- Draft key objectives and results, strategies and apply the data for the product to make business decisions.
- Collaborate with partners during the visioning and concept development of a product.
- Value, develop cases, and prioritize stories, epics and themes to ensure work focuses on those with a maximum value that are aligned with product strategy.
- Develop appropriately detailed specifications for the product features, so they are clearly understood by the development teams.
- Increase an understanding of Agile practices, Lean Startup, new technologies opportunities and other new trends.
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
- You must have BE / B.Tech / MCA / ME / M.Tech qualification with 10+ years in mainstream software development, with significant exposure in Industrial Automation domain (PLC-Controllers)
- Experience in software design and development (C++ OOPS, Design principles & patterns, OS concepts, Data structures, AngularJS, NodeJS and test frameworks etc)
- Good domain know how in the area of PLC-Controllers in the latest market trend like controller in virtualization environment.
- Ability to collaborate with architects, PRMs and R&D (and other stakeholders) in multiple Siemens locations to come to conclusions.
- Thorough experience in Requirements Engineering and feature definition activities
- Deep understanding and experience with Agile methodologies.
- You should possess strong communication skills and developing relationships with team members and customers.
- Drive and motivate towards gaining business success in Industrial Automation / PLC-Controllers.
- You should be authoritative in writing user stories and break them appropriately to fit in an iteration.
- You should review the product in every iteration and maintain a clean, prioritized backlog
- Outstanding communication, presentation and leadership skills.
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
This role is in Bangalore, where you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the craft of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we encourage applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and creativity and help us craft tomorrow.
Find out more about Siemens at: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Company: Siemens Technology and Services Private Limited
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time