Siemens Digital Industries Software is a leading global provider of PLM (Product Lifecycle Management) software. Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software allows companies to manage the entire lifecycle of a product efficiently and cost-effectively, from ideation, design and manufacture, through service and disposal. Computer-aided design (CAD), computer-aided manufacturing (CAM), computer-aided engineering (CAE), product data management (PDM) and digital manufacturing converge through PLM. For more information on our products and services, please visit https://www.siemens.com/plm
In addition, Working together to optimize production processes within the Digital Enterprise, Manufacturing Operations Management (MOM) solutions focus on improving efficiency, flexibility and time-to-market (more info: https://www.plm.automation.siemens.com/mom/what-is?mom/manufacturing-ope...).
In order to support our growth, our internal IT department in EMEA is looking for a: IT Support Engineer
Evaluates, designs, and maintains domains, servers, and applications throughout the enterprise, using mainly Windows. Troubleshoots Windows infrastructure and system problems. Deploys, administers, and supports vendor and in-house applications and associated hardware. Performs moderately complex customization, testing, and debugging on vendor-supplied utilities and enterprise applications. Provides technical proposals and recommendations to various company organizations. Stays current with new technologies. Operates under minimal supervision. Requires highly skilled individual with extensive proficiency in the field and works on complex projects.Activities and Responsibilities
- Monitors performance and proactively administers assigned systems and in-house applications.
- Provides regular reports on performance, project status, and other infrastructure data.
- Maintains data, software, and hardware security and emergency procedures.
- Works with hardware vendors to provide corrective and preventive hardware maintenance.
- Evaluates, installs and tests systems/network hardware and software.
- Researches and assists with on-going assessment and upgrading of systems and infrastructure.
- evaluates and recommends hardware and software for systems and helps plan for the future
- Helps troubleshoot medium to complex systems related problems, onsite and remotely.
- Communicates and coordinates with other system administrators and users, using standard communication processes.
- Provides Tier 2 and Tier 3 end-user support, as required, using standard tools and processes.
- Meets response/service levels as determined by IT.
- Writes some user and system administration documentation.
- Maintains/expands technical knowledge of system administration and engineering through self-study.
- Regular office environments, remote work if applicable
- 20% Travel
- Bachelor’s degree/Vocational School Diploma in a Computer/ Networking/ IT Subject or related vendor specific qualifications (e.g. Microsoft / Cisco etc.)
- Proven working experience in IT
- Ability to physically install systems and other hardware on data-center racks.
- Strong knowledge of system administration Windows Operating Systems like Server2013/2016/2019 and Windows 10
- Strong Experience of MS Office Suites - Experience with O365 would be beneficial.
- High level of English and Spanish are mandatory. Any other European language will be a plus.
- UNIX and Linux would be nice to have.
- Curious in-regards to new IT technologies.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team together with proactivity are key skills
- Good interpersonal skills to deal with our internal sophisticated customers.
- Knowledge and understanding of Virtualization Technologies (VSphere / Hyper-V) beneficial.
- Scripting/programming skills (Powershell, Java, C++, etc.) are welcome.
- Basic Network skills are welcome (e.g. Cisco CCENT/CCNA)
Why Us As well as competitive salary and benefits, we offer a team-oriented working environment with some of the best minds in the business, challenging projects with exciting clients, and long-term career prospects.
Location? You will be located in the sunny Barcelona, in our Cornella offices with regular travel a necessity.
Siemens. Making real what matters If you want to make a difference – make it with us
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software S.L.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time