We realise what matters. With our employees
we electrify, automate and digitalise Austria.
With innovations, Siemens offers solutions for the challenges of our time. As a global leader in electronics and electrical engineering, our goal is to drive forward the growth fields of electrification, automation and digitalisation. To achieve this, we are looking for curious and committed employees. People with the ambition to make a difference together with us - and with the aspiration to realise their personal career ambitions with us.
The Active Vision Technologies Austria group uses mobile 2D and 3D sensor modalities and is working both on creating and interpreting 2D and 3D data. Within the group, we cover the whole pipeline from recording and controlling the recording, via registration, georeferencing and 3D reconstruction up to interpreting and abstracting the data using machine learning methods and at each step scaling to large and real-world datasets is a major concern. We focus on transferring state-of-the-art research results to customer relevant applications, and to some extent on fundamental research in the context of publicly funded grants.
Join our team now in the Technology division at the research group Active Vision Technologies Austria as Computer Vision Expert (m/w/d) in Graz or Vienna, Austria.
Your new role – challenging an future oriented
- Develop and implement methods from 3D point cloud analysis, machine learning, computer vision and image understanding
- Extend and integrate such methods as components in existing software solutions
- Apply and broaden technical knowledge in the domain to solve 3D data analysis tasks
- Independently work with scientific literature
- Assist in national and international research projects as well as Siemens-internal projects
- Document and present the results
- Technical scientific education (Master / PhD in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or similar)
- Experience with 3D data processing, computer vision and machine learning
- Experience working with large data sets
- Knowledge in GIS systems, geoinformatics, remote sensing and 3D reconstruction
- Experience on working with scientific literature
- Design, implementation and evaluation of algorithms based on a description
- Innovative ideas and desire to implement them
- Creativity and learning aptitude, team working skills and flexibility
- Enjoy working independently
- Solid programming and development skills (e.g. Python, C/C++, Matlab)
- Experience with TensorFlow, PyTorch, OpenCV, PCL
- Experience with MS development environments
- Linux knowledge
- Solid English language skills, German would be helpful
What else do I need to know?
We offer an attractive remuneration package that corresponds to your qualifications and professional experience. The gross annual salary according to the collective agreement for this position is at least EUR 47,600.00 (full-time basis). Depending on your education and experience, overpayment is possible. As a large corporation, Siemens also offers additional social benefits.
How can I apply?
If you are
interested in this position, we look forward to receiving your detailed online
Company: Siemens Aktiengesellschaft Österreich
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time