Siemens Digital Industries Software - Where today meets tomorrow.
Let's make the difference together!
Meet the team - Video
Siemens Digital Industries (DI) is an innovation leader in automation and digitalization. Closely, collaborating with partners and customers, we care about the digital transformation in the process and discrete industries. With our Digital Enterprise portfolio, we provide and encourage companies of all sizes with an end-to-end set of products, solutions and services to integrate and digitalize the entire value chain. Meaningful optimization for the specific needs of each industry, our outstanding portfolio supports customers to achieve greater efficiency and flexibility. We are constantly adding innovations to its portfolio to integrate groundbreaking future technologies. We have our global headquarters in Nuremberg, Germany, and have around 75,000 employees internationally.
We offer a role with responsibility, independence and the possibility to contribute proactive. We foster a teamwork culture with room for individual development
Please visit https://www.siemens.com/plm.
About the role
You will have deep expertise in mapping out key touchpoints, isolating dependencies and problem areas and recommending evidence-based actions. Extensive experience of facilitating mapping workshops is crucial, with the ability to work closely with and influence everyone across the business from Software Engineers to senior stakeholders. You will unite people from different disciplines to work together towards a shared goal and purpose, putting users at the heart of everything we do. A champion of the blueprint model, of agility and of digital services that are accessible to all, you will help to enable product decisions that meet user needs and lead to commercial return.
- Working with data and qualitative insight, through co-design with stakeholders to define solutions and strategic propositions
- Taking user research into actionable insights and communicating this in a succinct and human-centred way to stakeholders
- Understanding and articulating clearly how products and services need to change from a user centred, system, and business perspective
- Designing, building, and setting usability tests for service and product prototypes, working from sketches into quick prototypes that can be iterated with feedback
- Working with software developers in an agile development process to implement product/service propositions
- Defining key metrics and measurements for organisations to evaluate their impact, supporting them to use this data to iterate what they deliver
- Teaching the organisation how to design better services and providing expertise to develop this within the organisation.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
It is assumed that the candidate will be an experienced service designer with several years of relevant work experience.
- Good at communicating user needs clearly and concisely to senior stakeholders and acting as a persuasive advocate for those needs.
- Experience of agile working within a design team and understand how to effectively integrate design with an agile development team
- Experience of facilitating workshops with internal and external stakeholders
- Understanding of how to work effectively with user researchers to both guide questions and utilise findings
- Ability to implement methods to measure and report the impact of design recommendations
- Be proficient with a range of design, presentation and prototyping tools
- Previous experience of running usability testing sessions.
- Experience creating design artifacts such as service blueprints, stakeholder mapping, user journeys, personas
- Ability to evangelise the service design approach and communicate benefits to the wider organisation
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic, persistant and focused on the end results.
- Collaborative and good at building relationships. Working with colleagues across all areas of the organisation and beyond to achieve one mission.
- An excellent communicator with good interpersonal skills, confident working with individuals at all levels.
- Good at influencing, driving impact and implementing change.
- Pragmatic and adaptable with the ability to deal with ambiguity and effectively manage through conflict.
It would be desirable but not required if the candidate has experience in any of the following:
- Mentoring colleagues
- Agile development methodology
- 3D modelling packages
- 3D CAD applications
Working at Siemens Software
Working at Siemens Software means flexibility - Choosing between working at home and the office at other times is the norm here. We offer great benefits and rewards, as you'd expect from a world leader in industrial software.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
At Siemens, we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow‘s reality.
Siemens Industry Software is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate unlawfully on the grounds of age, disability, gender assignment, marriage, and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, or trade union membership.
Siemens. Making real what matters
If you want to make a difference – make it with us!
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time