Presales Application Support Engineer
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
As part of the sales organization, this role is instrumental in facilitating sales and adoption of Siemens Digital Industries Software (DISW). Duties include, alignment of Siemens DISW tools, focusing primarily on FEA, to address customer business issues and challenges. Demonstration of Siemens DISW tools to deliver against customer and industry defined technical requirements. Participation in customer benchmark activities, proof of concepts, workflow development and customer enablement. Opportunity to impact Siemens DISW product development by representing the voice of the customer.
This position provides opportunities for a significant amount of customer engagement in support of strategic sales pursuits. Excellent communication skills and a desire to work with clients are critical to success in this fast-paced and broad engineering role. If you are creative, entrepreneurial in nature, demonstrate good communication skills, and meet the Minimum Qualifications listed below, we would like to hear from you!
- Provides presales technical support for the Siemens DISW Simulation Portfolio, Simcenter, leveraging a combination of application and domain expertise to a variety of customers in industries such as, Aerospace/Defense, Automotive, Electronics and Semi-conductors and Consumer Products
- Develops proof of concepts, demonstrations and executes benchmarks of the Simcenter Portfolio
- Assists in closing sales by demonstrating the value and benefits of solutions
- Contributes to the development of simulation software capabilities by evaluating current product functionality; identifying needs to be filled; monitoring competitive products; analyzing and relaying customer requirements to the Siemens Simulation product development team
- Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to sales and technical teams
- Trains and mentors client technical leads and subject matter experts in the application of the Simcenter products
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations and speaking at technical trade shows or conferences.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or related field
- Degree or work experience with focus on computational methods, preferably in structural mechanics
- Flexible and willing to learn new skills
- Collaborative mindset to take personal ownership of team objectives and complete tasks independently to meet those objectives
- An adaptive individual with a positive attitude and strong aptitude with the ability to multi-task and be proactive
- Excellent communication, organization and presentation skills
- Ability to work as an individual or as a team member
- Ability to travel up to 25%
- Must be able to work remotely from a home office
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Experience using one or more of the following simulation codes: Simcenter 3D, Simcenter Nastran, ANSYS or Abaqus
- Working knowledge of common design processes, objectives and constraints in one of the following industries: Aerospace, Turbomachinery, Automotive, Medical/Pharma, Electronics Cooling, Semi-Conductors, etc.
- Familiarity with state of the art CAD systems (preferably NX CAD).
- Familiarity with PLM systems application, configuration and usage
*Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.