The Financial Analyst will be a key contributor to two segments in the Customer Services Business Unit. This role will participate in all facets of these segments including closing activities, financial reporting, KPI analysis, budget/forecast, and ad hoc projects and reports.
LTS is a fast-growing Segment with large long-term service projects ramping up in the US and Canada. As such this role is dynamic and requires an individual with a desire to be involved in all aspects of the business. The ideal candidate would be a motivated individual with the ability to identify areas of opportunity and implement process improvements, problem solving skills and creativity to develop useful reports using digitalization tools.
Specific responsibilities include the following:
- Create annual budget and monthly forecast for segments with inputs from business
- Perform critical trend and variance analyses during monthly close process, and completion of P&L and Balance Sheet Analytics to meet several requirements:
- Validation that monthly financials are accurate prior to closing
- Provide initial indications to management regarding financial results for the month, including key drivers
- Interaction with Business Areas to derive monthly closing commentary and variance drivers
- Monthly presentation of financials/forecast to executive management
- Perform account reconciliations for accounts in scope and participate in quarterly audit activities. Maintain and perform key controls in scope of closing and reconciliation activities.
- Ability to analyze balance sheet data and forecasting of key positions
- Perform historical and/or trend analysis on key business components (volume/gross profit, SG&A, cash flow, headcount, etc.)
- Perform ad hoc analysis and work on project teams as required
- Provide financial impact analysis to business heads based on different business models
- Monitor labor bookings
- Financial reporting / KPI
- Cost Center Controlling
- Inventory Analysis and Controls
The successful candidate will have a background with experience in monthly close activities, budgeting/forecasting, and various types of financial analysis. Proficiency with Microsoft Excel is a must, and experience with SAP desired. Experience with Digitalization tools would be plus.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.