Location: Mch P
Department: T RDA IOT WLN-DE
Job Grade: Germany - Non Senior Management - ERA-Entgeltgruppe 12
Mode of Employment: Permanent / Full-time
IoT is a major and growing field for Siemens. And industry-grade communication networks are the foundation of every digital system. Join the research group “Wireless Networks” at Siemens Technology and let us research on future applications of communication technologies and concepts with high relevance for the Siemens business units.
Whether it is the flexible production lines in modern Industry 4.0 factories or the IoT-enabled ICE trains of the future, many new technologies need to be shaped and adapted. Trends like 5G / 6G, IoT, Edge Computing, Localization and Artificial Intelligence are key drivers for innovation in these and numerous other vertical domains that Siemens is serving.
- Your role includes strategic contributions like the development of R&D roadmaps, trend scouting and the acquisition and execution of internal and public funded research projects
- As an expert for software development with background in networking and communication technologies, you will consult our business units on the latest developments in your areas of expertise
- You will design and implement (software-)prototypes
- You will establish a network of contacts inside and outside of the company and collaborate with academic partners
- You will supervise internships, MSc theses and PhD students
- You finished your studies as PhD of Informatics, Computer Science or Communications Engineering
- You have profound knowledge of different wireless standards, protocols and networking architectures
- You have experience in software system architecture and software development
- Experience with agile development processes and continuous testing and integration would be an asset
- You are proficient with well-established programming languages (e.g. C/C++, Python, Java)
- Experience with modern machine learning frameworks would be an asset
- Conceptual work is also part of your working style as well as the development and implementation of (software-)prototypes and technology demonstrators at a high level of quality
- Very good written and oral English skills are required, German skills would be an asset or should at least be acquired
www.siemens.com/careers - if you would like to find out more about jobs & careers at Siemens.
Company: Siemens AG
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time