If you really want to make a difference – make it with us
Siemens Mobility is a separately managed company of Siemens AG. As a leader in transport solutions for more than 160 years, Siemens Mobility is constantly innovating its portfolio in its core areas of rolling stock, rail automation and electrification, turnkey systems, intelligent traffic systems as well as related services. With digitalization, Siemens Mobility is enabling mobility operators worldwide to make infrastructure intelligent, increase value sustainably over the entire lifecycle, enhance passenger experience and guarantee availability. In fiscal year 2020, which ended on September 30, 2020, the former Siemens Mobility Division posted revenue of €9.1 billion and had around 38,500 employees worldwide.
Your new role – challenging and future-oriented
- In your new role you will have overall technical responsibility for NTC integration strategy around the globe, with which we make long-distance rail traffic safe with signalling technology to the latest standards.
- You will analyse and define the overall system, record and clarify all technical and operational requirements.
- In addition, you will define the roadmap and migration plan for technical integration of different National Train Control (NTC/legacy) systems with ETCS.
- You are responsible for the definition of the NTC architecture by describing technical requirement specification for NTC integration with ETCS systems based on UNISIG, NSA and customer requirements.
- You will specify the SW&HW interface specifications for NTC integration.
- You will be the Interface between sales, development and customer projects.
- The generic system integration you will monitor as well as technical developing of the project results.
- You will be in the lead to create make-or-buy-analysis for different NTC/legacy systems
- Besides you will negotiate with NTC sub suppliers and coordinate external parties.
Your qualifications – solid and appropriate
- You bring in a completed university degree (Master / Diplom) in a technical field or comparable education and several years of experience in ETCS (European train control system) markets and an understanding of european development plans.
- You have knowledge of National Train Control Systems according Subset 35+56ff in different European countries (e.g. PZB, PZB/LZB, ATB-EG, TBL1+, SCMT, MIREL, Zub123 etc.).
- Furthermore, you are experienced in SW and HW Class B systems integration with ETCS.
- You are characterized by a very good understanding of complete railway technology systems and have sound knowledge of requirements engineering and configuration management.
- You are familiar with the relevant standards, rules and regulations (TSI, CENELEC, NNTRs, etc.).
- You are also used to work in international environments and teams.
- Knowledge of tools like DOORS, C++ as well as MVB protocols and/or the simulation environment is an advantage.
- Because we employ you in projects all over the world, you will have at least conversational German skills and fluent English language skills and the willingness to travel (approx. 20%).
Getting in touch with us – straightforward and direct
if you would like to find out more about Siemens before applying.
+49 (9131) 17 52430
if you wish to discuss any initial questions with our recruitment team. The contact person handling this job ad is Melanie Schüller
if you would like more information about jobs and careers at Siemens.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility GmbH
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time